The online racing simulator
it was a tiny nudge what it was and no harm done. he also was faster for lap after lap and thus a small nudge is allowed in my opinion. it was definatly not a reason to crash someone like a retard for that.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :it was a tiny nudge what it was and no harm done. he also was faster for lap after lap and thus a small nudge is allowed in my opinion. it was definatly not a reason to crash someone like a retard for that.

If there's no gap you don't make one by forcing you way in. That will just anger people, or incur the wrath of the stewards. If you can't pass cleanly then don't pass. If Spengler hadn't of wrecked him, Wickens would probably have gotten a penalty and everybody would be talking about this incident in a completely different light.
Quote from BlueFlame :If there's no gap you don't make one by forcing you way in. That will just anger people, or incur the wrath of the stewards. If you can't pass cleanly then don't pass. If Spengler hadn't of wrecked him, Wickens would probably have gotten a penalty and everybody would be talking about this incident in a completely different light.

this is dtm, not f1. also on this track it's almost impossible to overtake without contact, actuallu almost all the overtakes i saw, contact was involved
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :this is dtm, not f1. also on this track it's almost impossible to overtake without contact, actuallu almost all the overtakes i saw, contact was involved

Yea but there's a difference between the guy on the outside giving a cars width gap and no more, and a guy going for a gap that doesn't exist.
Quote from TFalke55 :The question is, where is it going to run? VLN might be a place.

Seems like Racecar Engineering thinks as same way as you...
Quote :
If AMG decides to put the car into production it should be ready for customers in time for the 2014 VLN season where it can contest the V1-3 classes, and will retail for under 100,000 euro.

Nykjær and Nika isn't going to race the rest of the season
Autosport also reports Nika continues with a different driver as they ran out of money. Pay driver for the rescue, so it sounds.
How can it be that one of teh most succesful WTCC drivers loses his ride after a season of producing good results in favour of pay drivers? **** this world.
Quote from BlueFlame :How can it be that one of teh most succesful WTCC drivers loses his ride after a season of producing good results in favour of pay drivers? **** this world.

I really hope the marked sentence is something you farted out..
Quote from Dennis93 :I really hope the marked sentence is something you farted out..

Excluding championship victors he's one of the best WTCC drivers in the modern age. Not just WTCC either but STCC too.
All-Inkl might be out as well at the end of the season... Not due to financial issues, but lack of cars.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :All-Inkl might be out as well at the end of the season... Not due to financial issues, but lack of cars.

Well, I've heard Münnich Motorsports has the chance of getting the fourth 2014 spec Honda, that was speculated to be produced. And also, if not, what prevents them to run the current Seats? They are still allowed to be run next season and Seat is likely to return in a customer or manufacturer program for 2015 with the new generation of Leons.
Quote from TFalke55 :Well, I've heard Münnich Motorsports has the chance of getting the fourth 2014 spec Honda, that was speculated to be produced. And also, if not, what prevents them to run the current Seats? They are still allowed to be run next season and Seat is likely to return in a customer or manufacturer program for 2015 with the new generation of Leons.

Here's the silly translated article, so now it makes sense. Clearly they don't want to be in the 2nd 'group'.
Ok, now it makes more sense. Well understandable.

Btw: this is from last week's German Touringcar Challenge using S2000 and S1600 cars. http://youtu.be/E13raTJZjmU?t=6m
http://www.touringcartimes.com ... -in-the-wtcc-at-shanghai/

STCC Champion Thed Björk to drive last year's Super 2000 Volvo C30 for a one-off in the WTCC Race of China at Shanghai.

EDIT: After talks with the three manufacturers the DMSB decided, no DRS for DTM in Zandvoort, because of safety concerns. Actually all tracks have tricky, with DRS potentially dangerous parts, so it is strange to see this different approach for Zandvoort.

EDIT2: Volvo's commercial motorsport director Alexander Murdzevski Schedvin explained their one-off return: "We wanted to promote the C60, a car that doesn't quiet fit into WTCC as of now. It is the model we are using in the USA and Sweden and we're going to use the model for our V8 Supercars campaign. However we believe the championship [WTCC] offers the best cost-benefit ratio in the worldwide motorsports, if you want to drive the little C-segment cars. So its our want, to stay up to date. That's our goal for Shanghai. We are not looking for performance or results." (source: Motorsport-Total.com)
Quote from troy :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110152

Neal makes it three times in a row... Congrats Matt well done

Who do you think will take the title this year? I’m hoping for Turkington, to do it in his comeback year in a previously un-tested car would be fantastic. If not him, I’d hope for Jordan. In reality I think Jordan might stand a better chance, but am I right in thinking the Hondas have never gone that well around Silverstone?
BTCC is really starting build some momentum since NGTC has came, if WTCC keeps getting more expensive with the S2000 Regs I wouldn't be surprised if there is a total collapse and all the talent and factory teams move back to UK.
Quote from Mustafur :BTCC is really starting build some momentum since NGTC has came, if WTCC keeps getting more expensive with the S2000 Regs I wouldn't be surprised if there is a total collapse and all the talent and factory teams move back to UK.

I can see the same happening. Truth be told though there's no need for a full manufacturer effort in BTCC because smaller teams can build NGTC cars (Rob Austin, Dan Welch etc....) and be fairly competitive with them, even win races. Alan Gow has pulled a masterstroke with NGTC and I wonder why other series aren't adopting the formula.

It's been proven to work even more recently with the Cicely Racing announcement that they're using Mercs from next year.

I suppose one reason for manufacturer teams is you get the best drivers - but the trend in recent years is even those teams need the drivers to bring in some money.
Yeah, what you find though with NGTC is having a factory team is an advanatge but not something thats worth over-spending since independents are still competitive regardless.

The factory teams will still come if there is popularity and with factory teams comes payed drivers with talent and status.
Quote from Mustafur :Yeah, what you find though with NGTC is having a factory team is an advanatge but not something thats worth over-spending since independents are still competitive regardless.

The factory teams will still come if there is popularity and with factory teams comes payed drivers with talent and status.

Very true. I've been to at least 1 BTCC race every year since 1997 (usually at Croft) and the crowds there this year were quite easily the biggest I've seen. In the last 5 years popularity has rocketed! I wouldn't be surprised if within 2-3 years tracks will sell out of tickets.

If anything it's far more popular now if you take TV coverage into consideration than it was in the 1990s.
TV coverage is the main thing that needs to boost now.

back in the 90s BTCC was shown worldwide and it was even shown live here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG