The online racing simulator
how to use username to login to a forum
hello,
i just created a forum for my server ..
i don't want any registration processes, i want to login to it using my username and web password (like https://www.lfsforum.net)
how can i do that?
lfs.net lfsforum.net and lfsworld.net are using all the same user database and therefore have the same account name and password!
Quote from Eclipsed :lfs.net lfsforum.net and lfsworld.net are using all the same user database and therefore have the same account name and password!

but can i do the same and use the database? (as read-only)
What you can do is to identify the username by telling the user to join a host(maybe your own) and check if he is online at that moment.

Or even better, i've seen it one day. Make your own insim which will return a hashed pass which you will be able to insert at your website as verification.
Ups,sorry,missed out the part which was about your own forum... So my post is invalid...
Quote from DarkKostas :What you can do is to identify the username by telling the user to join a host(maybe your own) and check if he is online at that moment.

Or even better, i've seen it one day. Make your own insim which will return a hashed pass which you will be able to insert at your website as verification.

sorry but i don't understand :/
#7 - Racon
You can't have people log in to your site/forum with their LFS accounts, that would be a security nightmare.

DarkKostas is suggesting that you have people sign up to your site/forum using their LFS account username and give them a code when they do. Then they join your LFS server with that account and type the code for an InSim to verify.
I've asked for this feature before. What you are looking for is called OAuth (2.0), it allows for another site's user database to be used on your site. It does not give direct access to their database, as the authentication happens on the third party server, but it does send back an authentication string, that you can then verify with the 3rd party site, on your origin site.

OAuth
LFS, OAuth & PRISM
Feature suggestions - stats.lfs.net
Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]

how to use username to login to a forum
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG