The online racing simulator
So.. I've got this Sony Bravia LCD tv
(15 posts, started )
So.. I've got this Sony Bravia LCD tv which I was using for connecting my laptop whenever I was feeling like playing LFS. While I was watching TV cable, with my laptop connected, this happend: http://i.imgur.com/CqNhezB.jpg

It never behaved like this before and its about 4 years old or so. Basicaly it doesn't have warranty anymore. I don't know anything about LCD TVs, but I would assume that the "micro-processor" that processes the image went apeshit. Sound and zapping through channels is still fine, but image is always like this.

Could anyone point me in the right dirrection? I mean, is there anything I could try before calling some electronist to fix it?
I don't have knowledge about fixing TV's, but I do know that it's not worth it to fix it most of the time because a new one is dirtcheap.
someone was telling me its probably the little board, your best bet is to just give it to a repair shop for some extra bucks and go buy a new one.
I'm a univ. student and I can't really afford a new one. Best case would be to try repairing it eg. baseball bat, magic tricks, worst case go to a repair shop and see how much it costs and actually pay for it with real money, not plastic bottles.

I was and still am curious about if anyone has ever had the same issue..

Donations are accepted at moody.is.the.best@havealongwait.com
Quote from Bose321 :because a new one is dirtcheap.

average montly wage in Romania is ~300 Euro smarty.
Aww moody baby<3 no guarantee on your tv?
I could be wrong, but it is consistent with a t-con board failure...luckily it is cheapest board to replace (+/- €50 I think), but before you do you should contact the customer support and ask confirmation because it could be the panel too.

Not very hard to replace too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyclvlW2Ugc
What about your video card?
..at the point if it's connected to your laptop/PC.
Quote from Dennis93 :Aww moody baby<3 no guarantee on your tv?

Nope. No more fapping at naked pics of you on a big hd monitor.

Quote from Framaris :I could be wrong, but it is consistent with a t-con board failure...luckily it is cheapest board to replace (+/- €50 I think), but before you do you should contact the customer support and ask confirmation because it could be the panel too.

Not very hard to replace too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyclvlW2Ugc

For about 10euros I can get a diagnostic on it. Will go later on today to see exactly what the problem is and maybe figure out if I can fix it myself. If not, I'll just use it as punching bag.

Quote from MousemanLV :What about your video card?
..at the point if it's connected to your laptop/PC.

GPU doesn't have anything to do with it since laptop works just fine.. Its TV at fault. I get that imagine either I'm connected to laptop or TV cable aswell.
Quote from cargame.nl :average montly wage in Romania is ~300 Euro smarty.

Doesn't change the fact that it might be more expensive to let it repair by a shop or something smarty.
The conclusion to simply replace it instead of looking into the problem came a bit too fast. Three years ago my main admin had a broken TV screen, I told him to let the capacitors replaced (it was SMD, dont have the tools for that).. Costed 25 Euro's... Philips plasma is still working. Cost savings could be invested in the kids

Quote from Framaris :I could be wrong, but it is consistent with a t-con board failure...luckily it is cheapest board to replace (+/- €50 I think),

Yup, that was also what I was thinking. On our forum the model number is known and its about $50 ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsun ... s&hash=item43baea0064

Mainboard is a bit more expensive and there also is a ZR board, but if you can pinpoint where the problem is, you can fix it below $100

Yep so I went today to the repair shop and paid 10euros for a diagnostic. He told me is the T-Con board and said that it will cost me an aditional 57euros for the board itself + 20e for the montage of it. But at that time I already seen Daves link where the same board is 30$ so I was like alright, I'll have some time to think about it. I may buy it from somewhere else and use Framaris example of youtube helpful tutorials to put it in there myself. Or... Or just pay the guy to do it. Depends if I get enough money tonight by selling my body to random lonely strangers.

Either way, I thank everyone for their posts and probably will do an edit later these days if I actually fix it somehow.
$60. You need to add shipping costs and import charges. No idea how its arranged in Romania. 77 Euro sounds reasonable if you can get warranty on the repair. (No cure no pay).

Otherwise replace the board yourself. It's fairly easy. Unscrew, screw
If he screws it in, I get 6 months of warranty. Just got off the phone with him. I guess that's okay.

Thanks again!

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG