The online racing simulator
Plugging a PS2/Gamecube into a monitor?
(11 posts, started )
Is this possible on all monitors? If not then could you give details of a monitor that supports this (my budget is around £140)?

Thanks

EDIT: I want a TFT monitor.
Generally you need a monitor and a vga box to be able to do that.
Just what I need, thanks
I hooked my PS2 up to my TV tuner card once. It didn't work so well... Everything was delayed by a quarter of a second. You'd hit a button, and a quarter second later, you'd see the response on the screen.

The VGA boxes above won't have this problem or they wouldn't ever sell any.
Quote from Forbin :I hooked my PS2 up to my TV tuner card once. It didn't work so well... Everything was delayed by a quarter of a second. You'd hit a button, and a quarter second later, you'd see the response on the screen.

I actually had this problem too when I hooked up my PS2 to my TV tuner card, solved it by using Dscaler. It really depends a lot on your tuner card and software, but of course VGA box is better due to better image quality.
Quote from Leifde :Is this possible on all monitors? If not then could you give details of a monitor that supports this (my budget is around £140)?

Thanks

EDIT: I want a TFT monitor.

If the graphic card has VIVO (Video in/Video out) then you need just to install manafacture drivers for this(NVIDIA or ATI website)and look for Virtual Dub(free program)which can show then then the XBOX,PS one,PS2 picture on PC monitor.
#7 - TiJay
I've got my PS2 plugged into my media centre's tuner card and the response rate is great- FPS seems to be a bit lower and there is more motion blur but it's perfectly enjoable. I use the WinFast DTV1000 or something like that.
i got one called Xvga and its a belter. Got a switch to switch from pc and ps2, and also has a SVGA conector.! was only 50 quid
#9 - J.B.
Quote from TiJay :I've got my PS2 plugged into my media centre's tuner card and the response rate is great- FPS seems to be a bit lower and there is more motion blur but it's perfectly enjoable. I use the WinFast DTV1000 or something like that.

That sounds like field-blend deinterlacing. You should try DScaler , it has some very nice deinterlacers that don't throw away half the motion smoothness of interlaced content by deinterlacing to 25 fps instead of 50.
Old thread but it's a follow-up.

I plugged my PS2 into my TV card (RCA) but I cannot work out how to get audio, is there a way to connect it to my computer or do I have to connect it to some speakers? If I have to connect it to some speakers can you recommend an RCA to 3.5mm jack (female) please?

Thanks
I had this problem too. Solution is to buy an RCA to 3.5mm adapter from www.maplin.co.uk, plug that into your PC's mic or line-in, then select the relevant input in your TV Card's audio settings.

And btw, thanks JB, I'll try that today.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG