The online racing simulator
Ea realising that they need to make some serious marketing inroads to try and recover their reputation after the debarcle of Simcity. Looks like their marketing department hit the nail on the head for a change judging on you guys reactions. I might even be tempted to boot up Origin to have a look. First time I'd have done so since I packed it in after I lost 60 quid buying a game I made the gross assumption that worked.
#27 - Jakg
Even though I don't really play games, I bought it - in total a single beer last night cost me more than all 8 games so I really can't complain (although in hindsight - should've paid more).

Only one that really interested me was BF3 as I was quite into BF2. After a 20GB (!!!!!) download (which decided to stop when I had the nerve to log into the Origin website from work...), I opened it up - ran once and now crashes whenever I launch it.

How I've missed EA's "well developed" games...
BF3 is epic if you can actually get it too run. Try 'fixing' the download. I had to do it on more than one occasion after updates. Same as verify cache on steam, but you do it from the BF3 startup browser page.

I've just tried accessing Origin, but I can't remember my login details. Big loss. Not.
Quote from Jakg :Even though I don't really play games, I bought it - in total a single beer last night cost me more than all 8 games so I really can't complain (although in hindsight - should've paid more).

Only one that really interested me was BF3 as I was quite into BF2. After a 20GB (!!!!!) download (which decided to stop when I had the nerve to log into the Origin website from work...), I opened it up - ran once and now crashes whenever I launch it.

How I've missed EA's "well developed" games...

Depends on a machine, because I've never had any single problem with downloading or playing Origin games since the very beginning of Origin...
#30 - Jakg
Quote from Mysho :Depends on a machine, because I've never had any single problem with downloading or playing Origin games since the very beginning of Origin...

BF2 had no end of problems at launch (and for years after!). Google seems to show lots of issues as well

I don't doubt that it works on some PC's (they really would of struggled shipping it if it did!) but IME EA have used their customers as their testers more than a lot of other companies
whats the issue? did you go to battlelog to launch?
#32 - Jakg
Quote from Bmxtwins :whats the issue? did you go to battlelog to launch?

The web page loads (I dont want to whine but why I have to install a browser plugin AND a game distribution client to play a game I've already bought I have no idea), I select an option to launch the game, the intro movies etc start playing and then it just crashes back to the desktop.

I've tried a "repair" within Origin and it found no issues.

I did Google it, but while I found many people reporting the same issue few got any relevant support.

Specs are in the sig, drivers etc are all whatever the latest versions on Windows Update are - but I wouldn't expect driver issues on a game thats been out for 1 year+
Quote from Jakg :I wouldn't expect driver issues on a game thats been out for 1 year+

That makes sense. Running the 'latest' drivers that you get via Windows are not really that good I think, do you even have a control panel to fiddle with settings?

Anyway, tried to disable the shitty Origin in-game overlay?
#34 - Jakg
Quote from Bose321 :That makes sense. Running the 'latest' drivers that you get via Windows are not really that good I think, do you even have a control panel to fiddle with settings?

AFAIK they are the latest "certified" drivers (which means they will always be a few months out of date), but without the Catalyst control centre.

Having said that, I don't actually have the latest (:facepalm so I'll try upgrading and then complaining!
if anyone wants dead space 1 and 3.

Pm me.
Big thanks to Franky for the Mirrors Edge!
Anyone with Sims 3 pls?
Quote from felplacerad :Christ, just buy the bundle!

Already bought 4, 7€ each... Just one more Sims for one of my friends...
Quote from Mysho :Already bought 4, 7€ each... Just one more Sims for one of my friends...

it comes with 2 keys for the sims iirc
It's the starter pack containing couple of DLCs + base game, couple of keys but only one game.
It doesnt come with a steam and origin key?
Oh ic
When I bought the bundle it only came with Origin key, dunno, maybe it has been changed since then.
Na I thought all came with 2 keys except bf3 and ds3
Maybe someone has BF3 code to share? PM me
I hope someone finds this man and beat the living shit out of him. How low can people get?
One thing if it had been sold to the same prize, so the costs would be covered. But to try to make profit....**** him seriously.

Edit:
Quote from DejaVu :Made my money back and a bit extra by selling the bf3 key on ebay :P

I hope you are joking.
There's always one.

I think giving away the spare keys you might not want is bad enough, because the people you give them to aren't going to buy the bundle. I have a spare BF3 key but I'm not giving it to anyone, they should just buy it themselves. Buying an entire extra bundle and giving it away is different, of course, but splitting it up defeats the purpose imo.
Quote from sinbad :There's always one.

I think giving away the spare keys you might not want is bad enough, because the people you give them to aren't going to buy the bundle. I have a spare BF3 key but I'm not giving it to anyone, they should just buy it themselves. Buying an entire extra bundle and giving it away is different, of course, but splitting it up defeats the purpose imo.

Not true.

I picked up a couple of the games from people giving away their keys here. I went and purchased the bundle a day later.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG