The online racing simulator
the skidpad
(3 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
the skidpad
greetings, lfs racers, I dont know where to post this question,an existential question of many I have in my mind...

I was just running in circles in the skidpad, testing some cars, with a DFGT. I was trying to get the countersteering work in a proper way, preventing the spin out and figuring out how to avoid all the spins and getting out with a sweet drift.

So after a while fighting with the steering wheel and trying to figure everything out, I just wanted to know if it is possible to drift in the skid pad without changing lines with the defaults setups (because those are what Im using)

I know there are many of drift setups or stunt setups but I wanted to know if it is possible for a very experienced and skilled lfs racer to drift the skid pad in a desire line without getting out of it, with any car?

I gave a try, I failed for sure, but sometimes I keep a drift for a while.
I dont know if is just me but the RAC car is kinda tricky...is the hardest car to drive IMO...

I dont want to bother with stupid questions but Im having a really bad time, I just get this racing wheel and Im having a hard time trying to adapt myself to it, Im coming from using a gamepad(xbox360 controller) but I get an injury in one finger after playing several hours every day.

I used to race with keyboard years ago, later the gamepad was my best tool to do it, I feel like I lost 60%of my skills.

If there is a place to ask existential questions, please let me know...
Im nothing but a desperate racer trying to get back all the skills.

sorry for my bad english.
I would say, start trying it with an xrt, then fz5 and then rac. It is possible, but you need to start easy
it was more easy to me learn drift on fz5 that Xrt or rac

the skidpad
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG