The online racing simulator
MP Replay : Out of stash space
(28 posts, started )
Well, here's Scawen's explanation;
Quote from Scawen :It's just another symptom of the lagging and causes the replay to have a slight gap in it.

The thing is, at least one player is lagging (still connected - in theory - but no packets are arriving at the host or anyone else). So your MPR saving system can't save to file, because it is waiting to process the game turn that is relying on the packets that haven't yet arrived. The time-out is quite long so eventually there are too many pospackets to keep in memory (actually I could increase that buffer size). And that's when the stash space message comes up.

Then finally the player who hasn't sent any packets to the host for a long time, gets kicked so the game can continue. It should say that X timed out, I think. At that point you don't have to wait for his game packets any more and the MPR can continue to be saved to file, and that's when you get the stash space recovered message.

The only thing a bit mysterious about what you are saying is that two people disconnect. Really, only one person should disconnect - the one who was lagging for some reason. You should have seen his network connection bar stay at the bottom while everyone else's bars rose for a while. Please keep an eye on that.

When I used to get this (on Iron Horse Racing servers) one person would lag, we [most (all?) of the people in the server] will see the "MP Replay : Out of stash space" message. Once that person times out we'll see the message " MP Replay : Stash space recovered". Usually only one person gets disconnected (time out)...

Edit: Mis-interpreted

Check your connection's line quality at pingtest.net
Still a problem even on 0.6E with a wire connection that does 30/26Mbit/s at the moment of being kicked out due to MP replay out of stash space with 10-15ms ping.

Yes my connection could hiccup, but it his very unlikely and I did see the car updating fine until the point when it kicked me out. I could immediately connect back to the server, no issue what so ever.

Please fix this finally. How can it lag for so long I don't understand either. Everything is updating fine so there clearly is a valid connection.

It's one of the things we say: "ONLY IN LFS" this can happen.
Nah, you have to look at your own config. I can stay connected for DAYS to multiple servers with replay function switched on.

Mbit numbers also say -nothing- about network quality.

MP Replay : Out of stash space
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG