The online racing simulator
Test Drive for All Cars on Tracks
hello everyone
i was thinking about adding a test drive for all demo, S1, S2 cars in their tracks so that people know what cars they will be using and on which tracks before they buy them
thanks
Why would the developers give away the entire simulation? You already get 3 cars on 1 environment to decide if you like LFS or not, and to play indefinitely... why would the developers give away access to the rest of the content?

If you don't know whether or not you like LFS by trying out a FWD, RWD road car, and a Formula car on Blackwood.. trying out the rest of the content isn't going to help and will only lose the developers money by having more demo drivers playing for longer without paying.
i meant that this this test drive can be, for example, for 12 hours, or 24 hours, 48 hours, as they specify so that when demo players decide to buy S1 or S2 they would know what cars and track they will be seeing.
thanks
The only issue with that is enforcement. If you tie it to licence, it's about 30 seconds to create a new licence to have another test drive session (ad infinium). If you tie it to a local file, it's easy enough for someone to make the record file read-only, or just install a new version of LFS.

There are a lot of videos on the internet now of the various LFS cars and tracks. Watching those should be more than sufficient to give people the perception of what LFS is like.
Tie it into an online activation with a MAC address?
MAC addresses are easily spoofed. There's no realistic way to restrict access. People can always create new accounts and spoof hardware. Plus you're weakening/eliminating the actual protection for licensed content by allowing it to be unlocked by demo users, when currently it at least requires a licence to unlock some of the content.

That would open LFS up to being cracked even easier.

If people don't know that they want to buy LFS by watching videos or the demo car/tracks.. they're not going to be compelled by the rest of the content.
You can test drive them all.. Costs £25!

In all seriousness. If you like lfs and you play demo and enjoy xfg/xrg and blackwood then BUY IT you wont be disappointed
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why would the developers give away the entire simulation? You already get 3 cars on 1 environment to decide if you like LFS or not, and to play indefinitely... why would the developers give away access to the rest of the content?

If you don't know whether or not you like LFS by trying out a FWD, RWD road car, and a Formula car on Blackwood.. trying out the rest of the content isn't going to help and will only lose the developers money by having more demo drivers playing for longer without paying.

Agreed, isnt XRG XFG and FBM enough?
Dawesdust_12 keeps nailing one answer after another.
I'm like the LFS Forum Tiger Woods.

Now where's Tor... I feel a need to get down with some hot tail.
I have said it before, and I say it again.

This is what Dawes looks like in real life

Test Drive for All Cars on Tracks
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG