The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Controller problems discussion
I'm a little nervous this is wrong place. Seems after U18 I got some strange things happening to my pedals settings. First I experienced was that suddenly with no apparent reason, brakes applied full while going full speed. I did not touch brakes.
After re-calibrating in windows and restarting LFS, all seemed ok for a whiole, untill suddenly when I pushed the brakes : NOTHING happened. Few seconds after it was ok again. I re-calibrate and start up again, and can go gormal, but suddenly it happens again - for no reason. Not sure why it appears now ( the trouble ) but dare I suspect U18 ?? I'm aware of the control issue, and have gone thru all patches numberwise as they came out.
#2 - Vain
@Astro:
It's not a U18 problem. Create a thread in the technical support forum and we can help you fix the problem. If you do so, please also state operating system and wheel model and manufacturer.

Vain
#3 - Jakg
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :I'm a little nervous this is wrong place. Seems after U18 I got some strange things happening to my pedals settings. First I experienced was that suddenly with no apparent reason, brakes applied full while going full speed. I did not touch brakes.
After re-calibrating in windows and restarting LFS, all seemed ok for a whiole, untill suddenly when I pushed the brakes : NOTHING happened. Few seconds after it was ok again. I re-calibrate and start up again, and can go gormal, but suddenly it happens again - for no reason. Not sure why it appears now ( the trouble ) but dare I suspect U18 ?? I'm aware of the control issue, and have gone thru all patches numberwise as they came out.

what wheel do you have? if its a momo then good luck!
#4 - Gunn
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :I'm a little nervous this is wrong place. Seems after U18 I got some strange things happening to my pedals settings. First I experienced was that suddenly with no apparent reason, brakes applied full while going full speed. I did not touch brakes.

This happened to me as well after applying U18. I couldn't find a way to correct it, until I started turning things off and back on again. I think it was either the Force Feeback, calibration lock, or dead zones options that triggered the correction in the end. Perhaps the dead zone would be the most likely culprit? My situation was the same as yours except that it was my throttle that was absent. In fact, I couldn't even select the throttle axis at first, it just wasn't there to be selected.

Wheel: Black Momo
Quote from Gunn :This happened to me as well after applying U18. I couldn't find a way to correct it, until I started turning things off and back on again. I think it was either the Force Feeback, calibration lock, or dead zones options that triggered the correction in the end. Perhaps the dead zone would be the most likely culprit? My situation was the same as yours except that it was my throttle that was absent. In fact, I couldn't even select the throttle axis at first, it just wasn't there to be selected.

Wheel: Black Momo

I would assume calibration lock.
#6 - Lible

Do you have red momo / logitech pedals?

The same thing happened to me about half year ago. All I did was cleaning the pedals-
Since patch U (dont know the number) I lost my FFB. The wheel is dead, there are resistance but not live one, just a weight, no FFB. I guess that it is about new patches, once there are no problem with other sims like rf and gtl.

I've got 2 wheels working together, one is Logitech Momo (using the wheel), and the other is a Force GP Logitech (using the pedals).

I tried everything, clean the registry, reinstall the profiler, reconnect the wheels sequentialy, but nothing solves the problem.

I read somewhere about .con files and I'd like to know how to procedure with them, what I should do.

I'd like to have 3 wheels plugged in my pc (actually I have), the third one is a Formula GP Logitech (the yellow wheel), and I intend to use its pedals as clutch and neutral.

As I said, I use this configuration before, and had no problems, and I still use with other games and I have no problems.

I need a real help with this. I have contacted Victor via email, but he couldn't help me yet

Any idea about .con files, or where would be the problems?
#8 - Jakg
go into controllers in LFS>FFB, try clicking on the number that isnt white...
Yes, if you have 2 force feedback devices connected, you must select the right one. I don't know what else to suggest. The .con files are just a new way to save the controller assignments (not in cfg.txt). The underlying system doesn't really work differently - it wasn't that big a change.
Of course I clicked the white button, the black, the yes'n the no, etc.

Of course I unplugged and plugged, uninstall and reinstall, try a new fresh instalation of LFS, I did all I can imagine...

Just a confirmation, what are your settings in profiler setup?

I use all in 0% except the strength...

No center spring, no this no that, just the force.

It always worked before...
#11 - Jakg
sorry, was just checking as I have 2 controllers for the momo and old m$ pedals and do get that problem
retired

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG