The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
What my money/time/chances/job/effort/laws/resources allow me to
sounds boring :P
We all do that
no
Quote from NitroNitrous :Sure, it is just a game, but I like to do in games what I can't do for real because I have no time/money/chance/is dangerous or ilegal to do it, not because is physically impossible.

I'd love to see this concept explored too.
A hardcore pure sandbox mode with: fatal car crashes, single bullet deaths etc. No story, just create a character and rob, bounty hunt and heist your way to riches. Then invest in property, trade shares and rob/kill some more.
The amount of money you've earned versus the time it took you to earn it, combined with how long you've been able to survive will give you an overall score. If you die, game over and start again.
That'd keep me entertained, probably forever if it was well balanced.
So basically a cross between GTA and DayZ?

That actually sounds pretty cool.
That kind of "hardcore" game mode would actually be pretty interesting! Implementing it would also be very easy in to something like GTA if the devs went for it.
Quote from Matrixi :That kind of "hardcore" game mode would actually be pretty interesting! Implementing it would also be very easy in to something like GTA if the devs went for it.

You're right, I think it would be relatively quick and easy. There'd be very little or no content to create. Just use and tweak existing functions like the wanted system, heists, property, economy etc, create a scoring system, and maybe generate random events/opportunities so that there's always something to do.

It could be a quick win for DLC before this gen consoles fade away?
GTA SanAndreas/IV/V map comparison:

Although I must add the caveat that I don't have the source for that image - I just lifted it from a friend's facebook post.
It isn't official, but that's right around the scale most people are expecting.
-
(Biohazard) DELETED by Biohazard
source is somewhere in the 800-page-mapping thread of gtaforums.com

they also came up with this.
Quote from Rappa Z :It isn't official, but that's right around the scale most people are expecting.

"map will be bigger than the maps from San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined" thats what I remeber from one of the press outings
Quote from Biohazard :source is somewhere in the 800-page-mapping thread of gtaforums.com

they also came up with this.

I see what looks to be a Go-Kart track, and a mountain-top military base. Not very hidden at all, in true GTA style.
well, considering rockstar kept quite a lot of information secret in the past, concerning then upcoming games, i doubt this is really something to rely on.
i guess (or hope) that there is way more to come than what has been revealed and can be anticipated momentarily.
Great news if that's true, however I can't see the logic in delaying the announcement of PC version for this long and then releasing it so soon with a really tight deadline. Doesn't make sense...
Quote from Matrixi :Great news if that's true, however I can't see the logic in delaying the announcement of PC version for this long and then releasing it so soon with a really tight deadline. Doesn't make sense...

I call bullshit.
Official website launched, complete with standard Rockstar humor which I do love so much.

For instance the name of the financial market.
September 17th needs to hurry up! I've not been this excited for a video game for years and years
Bawsaq
Dewbauchee

I like the way you can customise your car, even though your chances of getting it home from the garage in one piece are practically nil.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG