The online racing simulator
Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
Quote from Boris Lozac :He just wrote that he changes roms all the time And that sucks, i'm nowhere near a tech noob, but i just can't be bothered with rooting and flashing roms, tried it once on the Wildfire with a suposedly 'very easy to do' root, and ofcourse it wasn't easy and it didn't work, very annoying blue screen appeared on the phone and that's something i don't want to see and do on the damn phone, it should work fine out of the box without those acrobatics..

its the most easiest thing to do,also always easy to recover from a failed attempt aslong as the bootloader is unlocked and if necassary having the sbk(secure boot key)

my 11 year old daughter has flashed her older acer a500 numerous times, xda-developers has enough tutorials to show how to do it without failing

the biggest cause of lag is having trash running in the background a lot, and if apps/games are not closed proper they continue to run in the background eating up resources
I don't download a lot of bullshit apps, but I suppose it's possible something is eating up CPU cycles anyway.

I just came from Paranoid Android 3.5 w/ the latest Franco Kernel nightly, which I loved aside from the lagginess. Now I'm on the latest CM10.1 nightly with whatever the included kernel is (LeanKernel, I think). We'll see how long it runs fast.
I should also mention that I'm not the only one at xda bitching about lagginess in 4.2. The prevailing theory seems to be that it's a problem on Google's end, and everyone is hoping it's fixed in 4.3.
Got this beauty today..

Trilled so far..
I've been using one of these over the past few weeks. Works well and doesn't lag at all.

IPhone 4s is great
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I should also mention that I'm not the only one at xda bitching about lagginess in 4.2. The prevailing theory seems to be that it's a problem on Google's end, and everyone is hoping it's fixed in 4.3.

currently using siyahkernel dual boot on my s3 which is very customizable and non laggy , theres that many rom's and kernels that i admit to flashing different roms and kernels until id tried most of them and found which seemed best at the time
Have my iPhone 5 for a while now. Very happy with it, allot better then my Samsung Galaxy S Plus with Android 4.x.

But I'd like to try out a Galaxy S3 or 4 to compare...
My current phones.
Quote from Scrabby :Have my iPhone 5 for a while now. Very happy with it, allot better then my Samsung Galaxy S Plus

lol...sry, couldn't resist...
Couple of thoughts about using Windows Phone 8 for two days..

It's definately smooth, most of the time, what i mean is some apps like Twitter and Whatsapp launch faster on Android (ancient HTC Wildfire), if you switch to them via multitask window, it's instant, but if you launch it from the live/tile it takes 2, 3 seconds, even if you didn't back out of it with back button, so it should be in the memory, but it's not instant..
This is only the case for a few apps..
Keyboard is absolutely fantastic, such a joy to type..
There is no easy toggle for silent mode, just ringtone+vibrate and vibrate, if you want it completely silent you have to go settings then turn off ringtone and vibration seperately.
There's no proper Gtalk client so far (haven't tried them all), all works fine when the phone is on, but in standby they dont' give you push notifications.
Browsing is a pain, at least on my phone with 512ram, maybe it's better on 1gig models. It's nowhere near the speeds of Opera Mini which was my default browser on Android, pressing back in IE reloads the damn page again, it doesn't even refreshes it, just reloads it for an anooying few seconds of white screen, and there's no forward also..
Other most popular browser on the store just keeps crashin, so something like Opera Mini is definately needed.
What else, yes the battery percentage apps are not completely realtime, meaning if it shows 10% it's most likely 7%, you can see that when you open the app.
Another annoyance is that there's no separate volume controls, if you turn down the media clip, it also turns down the ringtone and alarm level.. pretty stupid.

So that's a few things i've noticed so far, maybe it will use someone..
Well, HTC wildfire is the worst phone I've ever used.
The post is not about the WF
My point is that if some parts of it are worse then wildfire, then I don't know what to think about the phone.
Microsoft really need to pull their sh*t together, i wasn't a demanding Android user at all, but some stuff i can't live without, and i was convinced it will work the same in WP8..

Like battery percentage on the live tiles, doesn't work, always lags behind the actual percentage and you can't rely on it..
Temperature apps don't refresh the live tile as soon as you swith the internet on, it will do it in a hour, or if you load the app itself, then it refreshes it..
There's no AirDroid kind of app...
Delivery report is like on the phones from decade ago, you get the SMS with confirmation..
Gtalk clients are rubish, none of them work properly, you either get no push notifications or you just don't get them at all. Also you don't show up as 'online' to someone on Gtalk as soon as you turn on the net, you have to load the Gtalk client for that..

I had some other niggles but i've forgot..

All in all, i wouldn't go back to Android yet, the UI is very beautifull and everything kinda works, except these 'little' things..
I've noticed Google's "location services" eat battery really badly and they seem to keep the phone pretty busy even when it's supposed to be asleep. DWB maybe try switching that off (if it's on) and see if that improves matters at all.

I'm still on a Galaxy S2 but due a new phone in October. I always consider an iPhone when I upgrade but I still can't really see what the big draw is. I think the One looks the most likely at the moment although I like the look of a couple of the gimmicks on the S4, but it's nice to have a couple of phones that it's tough to choose between.
Did you seriously expect it to actually be instant? That would just be downright suicide on the battery.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Did you seriously expect it to actually be instant? That would just be downright suicide on the battery.

On what part did you mean?
The live tiles to be refreshing. Although most mobile OS's are working on optimizing their connections to data (when asleep) to help battery, which I thought Windows Phone was the first to implement this. Maybe I'm wrong.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The live tiles to be refreshing. Although most mobile OS's are working on optimizing their connections to data (when asleep) to help battery, which I thought Windows Phone was the first to implement this. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't want them to refresh all the time neither, but how does android battery widgets work? They have no impact on battery but always give you the exact percentage..
There's a bunch of factors. Could be the restrictions that Microsoft gives developers with regards to updating their live tiles. What can be ran or what triggers the update as well.
It might be a problem with background tasks. Check if those tiles are on. Same thing goes with weather tiles for me, if Weather Flow task shows as "off" it doesn't refresh itself.
It's active in background tasks, it refreshes' it once an hour, but it doesn't as soon as you turn the wifi/data connection..
just changed the lens cover (from ebay around 5€ alltogether) for my galaxy s2...oh my, the picture quality now :jawdrop:. i'ts amazing how shitty quality samsung has for his camera glass. took me around a month to get it completely scratched, eventhough I always weared it in the leather bag. Now i got a new flipcase let's see if lens cover last a bit longer this time.
Can some of you share your experience with push notifications on your phone and how are you using internet..
In recent months push was pretty eratic on the Android, now i thought it's finally working good on WP8 but it's still random, i don't get the notifications sometimes till i open the actual app (twitter, whatsapp etc.)
Now i hear from some people that it's maybe cause i don't have internet 24/7 on the phone..
I turn off the wifi when sleeping, don't always turn on the data connection when i'm out etc.. Could this cause the randomnes in getting the notifications?

Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG