The online racing simulator
Co-driver Park dies in accident
(34 posts, started )
#2 - Don
rip
This is really bad news.
Park was surely extremely good co-driver.

Markko and Michael make really good team together.
They are not only working together but also very good friends on free time.

Really sad.

Rest in peace, Park.
this is a shock..... just goes to show safety in rally needs to be improved more as it is a dangerous sport ...

a sad day for motorsport
Quote from Madman_CZ :this is a shock..... just goes to show safety in rally needs to be improved more as it is a dangerous sport ...

Traveling at 100+ mph through trees and near the edge of big drops is never going to be safe, no matter how much you try to make it so.

Anyway - RIP...
that's really sad. RIP
Makes me feel sad, terrible for his family and for Märtin who was driving, cant even imagine how does he feels. Sad day for motorsport rip
#8 - ORION
This is the most horrible way to remind us how dangeruos racing is
And I hope Märtin will be able to accept that this tragedy has happened.
:weeping:

:tombstone
Every thread I read again makes My eyes wet again and again
This is just unbelievable
Such a sad day!

My thoughts, and those of this community, go out to the friends and family of Mr Park at this difficult time, as well as to Markko Martin himself.

Motorsport will never, and should never, be safe. They all know the risks. I'm sure Mr Park would rather depart this way than become a vegetable for the rest of his life. Nevertheless, it never reduces the sadness, nor sense of loss when an accident like this occurs.

R.I.P.
Always sad when something like that happens in motorsport.
rip
A thing that I recall, not connected directly, but is said quite often: for example "why i like F1" or "why the new qualifying format is cool" — because "any mistake costs a lot".

Very sad. R.I.P.
It's a sad reminder that motorsport is dangerous
#16 - tpa
:guilty:

What a tragedy. My thoughts are with Park's family (wife, 2 kids) and Martin.
#17 - wien
I'm lost for words... Can't imagine how Markko must be feeling.

RIP Beef
Quote from tristancliffe :
Motorsport will never, and should never, be safe. They all know the risks. I'm sure Mr Park would rather depart this way than become a vegetable for the rest of his life. Nevertheless, it never reduces the sadness, nor sense of loss when an accident like this occurs.

True, yes, but every victim is too much.

I really feel sorry for Parks kids, because I've lost my mom and sister in a car accident, and I can tell you, they'll never understand why their father had to die.
Oh, that's really sad news.

It gives me a strange feeling as I have seen him in action just some weeks before at the Rallye Deutschland. When you see the modern rallye car and the safety standards of today's rallye (like in Germany) you think it's safe, but apparently motorsport is dangerous and will always remain dangerous.
r.i.p.
Quote from Madman_CZ :this is a shock..... just goes to show safety in rally needs to be improved more as it is a dangerous sport ...

It can never be safe enough but just think about the Group B era. Safety has improved a lot since accidents like Henri Toivonen's crash in Corsica '86.

http://www.hisparally.net/rall ... www.rallydescargas.tk.rar

That video is a good example of crowd safety in those years...
A very sad day for motorsport. My feelings go out for everyone involved. I hope that Martin is given support through this dreadful time. The sheer desperation he must be feeling right now, it must be awful!

RIP Mr Park
RIP Beef man

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG