The online racing simulator
Screenshot Button
(14 posts, started )
Screenshot Button
I'd like a button I can bind to my wheel for taking screenshots and a sub directory in LFS where they are saved. They should be the same resolution that I play the game in if possible, JPEGs are fine.

VMT
#2 - Jakg
just run Grabby in the background and then use thr profiler to set it up, although 1 for the screenshot saving thing
#3 - wark
May as well. (+0.75)
#4 - ajp71
Get a program to save jpegs and they're guaranteed to be crap quality, go for bmp (nK) or tga (N2003) and you have a load of stupidly big useless files. The Print Screen followed by alt + tab isn't bad if you really want to take loads of screens then use Fraps or similar.
#5 - ORION
not needed, there are many external programs that can make screenshots
You can also make your own screenshot grabber. I bet if you used python you could whip something up which saves the clipboard data.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from wheel4hummer :You can also make your own screenshot grabber. I bet if you used python you could whip something up which saves the clipboard data.

someone did, its called grabby, written in C i think, but it works well, even if it is from 2001!
#8 - wark
I just use the print screen button and CTRL+V in photoshop anyway. Seems like a button that would be annoying to accidentally hit on second thought.
+1, I'm lazy and don't want other applications in the background.
+1 from me too.

I have Fraps installed, but I don't like running more stuff in the background if I can avoid it
People complaining about running extra background apps are missing the point that adding extra features like this will slow LFS down for everyone, a tiny bit i know but it all adds up.
Quote from wark :I just use the print screen button and CTRL+V in photoshop anyway. Seems like a button that would be annoying to accidentally hit on second thought.

I use print screen then forget to paste it afterwards. I hit F5 in HL2 DM - I want the same convenience. Can't see it being a major bloatware issue IMHO...
it might be off topic, but i did not found any other topics about it....

so it say its coming soon in 2005? arent we in 2006 and the S2 still not (really) out? it could be refreshed (or cutted out, i dont think that the devs can tell us exactly when will it be out)
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Live For Kill :it might be off topic, but i did not found any other topics about it....

so it say its coming soon in 2005? arent we in 2006 and the S2 still not (really) out? it could be refreshed (or cutted out, i dont think that the devs can tell us exactly when will it be out)

i would check, but i dont have a copy of lfs that shows that to hand, im geussing that is something a translators added tho

Screenshot Button
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG