The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Small map (top left track display)
I love the new track selection screen and the modified mini-map, but I have one small suggestion.

The cars are now portrayed as triangles on the mini-map, however they look like equilateral triangles. Would it be possible to make them more like isosceles triangles so that it is much more obvious as to which direction the cars on the mini-map are travelling/facing. At the moment the triangles basically give the same information as the squares used to, i.e. only track position and not a clear direction. So if they were made thin at the base and tall it would be more arrow like.

Thanks
#2 - Jakg
the minimpa in AutoX has gone
/me draws attention to the loss of THE MAP!!!!!!!

*no map in autoX*
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :the minimpa in AutoX has gone

Quote from Spudster :/me draws attention to the loss of THE MAP!!!!!!!

*no map in autoX*

/me was there first
Did the map in AutoX actually DO anything tho? I just remember it being a block..? Doesnt show layouts on it... Does it?
I removed the arena maps. They weren't compatible with the new smooth track draw system, and were always a bit silly, being just a rectangle, even though the areas they covered weren't really rectangles. I don't think we really lose anything by removing the grey rectangles.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from mkinnov8 :Did the map in AutoX actually DO anything tho? I just remember it being a block..? Doesnt show layouts on it... Does it?

no, but it helps to show relative positions
Quote from Scawen :I removed the arena maps. They weren't compatible with the new smooth track draw system, and were always a bit silly, being just a rectangle, even though the areas they covered weren't really rectangles. I don't think we really lose anything by removing the grey rectangles.

i think they are utterly important on banger racing servers
Instead of removing the map from the arenas, the map could instead be made more useful there by displaying autox objects in it.
Not sure the AutoX Maps are needed, even for Banger Racing, which is a side product anyway. Adds to the element of not knowing stuff, each to thier own .

I guess they were removed, as Scawen said because of incompatibility reasons, I know nothing about how much work adding all the autox items on there would be, but I feel it would be a lot, there are a lot of items.

I'd personally say leave em out.
Quote from Kegetys :Instead of removing the map from the arenas, the map could instead be made more useful there by displaying autox objects in it.

+1
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Also is there possibility to roll the camera with some key combination?If not, what about to add it under mouse wheel?

Ctrl+arrow keys (left/right)
only in Shift-U mode of course

All the new features are very cool, maybe the car arrows on the mini map could be a bit smaller/thinner/more spiky, so you can see better if some cars are close to each other.
yeah more "not regular" triangles would be good =)

and perhaps you could even add an option to zoom the minimap? like zoom in but leave it in the upper corner or to zoom it fullscreen for a better overview when spectating?
#14 - Mc21
The carpark doesn't show a map.. Why?
Quote from Mc21 :The carpark doesn't show a map.. Why?

why would you need one its like a big box so whats the point.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :why would you need one its like a big box so whats the point.

because you could see other drivers positions in relation to you, ie right behind those bales next to you coming up at 100 mph!
#17 - abz1
minimap
Sorry for bringing this up. I thought it might be a good idea as seeing as the minimap in game has had abit of improvement done.

this thread shows what I mean, im just intrested in the first first picture.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=115987#post115987
I personally found it helpful for knowing where people are in the area when doing auto-x meets of 2 or more cars. Showing the dots/arrows of other cars helps to know where others are when driving on a layout. If you enjoy doing some banger destruction derby stuff, it is nice knowing where they are too. Having absolutely nothing is just as bad as not having a track map for a normal track. Even though it is a square, it still serves a purpose by showing where other people are in the area.

If the area is just a rectangle, then show a rectangle map! The track itself doesn't get anymore interesting than a rectangle, so why try and make the place seem like a mysterious location to drive with no reference map? All I can see happening now is people wondering why these tracks don't have 'open' sections to drive around on, because the map would be informative and answer such dumb questions.
Firstly, thanks for these updates - they are fantastic! Especially the new track selection screen - love it and love how it came with help from the community!

Now, as you have made changes to the minimap, I thought I would add my two pence! I suggested some time ago, that the biggest addition to the mini map would be the colour of the racer directly in front of you and the person directly behind you in position, be coloured slightly differently.

For example, I am in a race with 6 others and I am 3rd. The colours on the minimap would be:

Place Colour
1st Yellow - as they are now
2nd Light yellow
3rd Green - as it is now
4th Light orange
5th Orange - as it is now
6th Orange - as it is now

You only really need to know who these people are because they are the people fighting with you for the next position.

I am sure it should be fairly easy to do (should you want to ) and compatible.

Thanks and keep up the good work (Scawen and Community alike!!! )

Tim

EDIT: oh yes, nearly forgot, the server list sorting is most excellent!
+1

Was just about to post that t1ger.

At least have some sort of color combination to show positions. Would be nice to have!
Loving the little arrow heads on the map now, and the new map in general, and the track selection screen, and the server list sorting. Awesome stuff.

But my anti-aliasing (2x) has stopped working. It works on 4x with more of a fps hit, but not 2x. Odd, but I'm sure I can fix it. I think my PC is just upset because I installed an ISI sim and devalued my whole HDD.
Quote from tristancliffe :Loving the little arrow heads on the map now, and the new map in general, and the track selection screen, and the server list sorting. Awesome stuff.

Same here, however, I would also like the arrows to be more obvious (easier to see in which direction the driver is going) and I would also like to have maps in autocross.

that blue flag = blue arrow on map looks like an interesting idea and could be good if developed a bit
#23 - Jakg
ive only just discovered server list sorting and the fact you can color setup names and color names, it rocks!
Quote from tristancliffe :I think my PC is just upset because I installed an ISI sim and devalued my whole HDD.

that would be great for my sig!
Yay for triangles!
Quote from Kegetys :Instead of removing the map from the arenas, the map could instead be made more useful there by displaying autox objects in it.

Fantastic Idea - and maybe an area or an object for Pitservice!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG