The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Series 2013 Round 6: Race Discussion
Round 6, City 190.

Date: 12 July 2013
Time: Qualifying 19:05 UTC (20 Minutes) Race 19:40 UTC
Race Distance: 61 laps+1 formation lap (90 minute maximum time limit)
Car: Formula XR (FOX)
Course: South City Town Course Reversed (SO5R)
Weather: Clear Day
Wind: None
Attached images
SO5R.png
TBH,I wanted to just let this go for sake of peace,but I was interested how it looked from James' point of you in that situation,about which he was so worried (lap 54,I believe) - I didn't not see anything I did wrong to actually hold him up,but I still received complaints about my awful driving. Please point it out for me so I can learn from this,as obviously I'm too stupid to see it myself.
Good points for the championship I guess!

Made a decent start, few mistakes but pushed my luck really with tyre tread and paid the price, but still beat those around me for drivers champ and Vires came a giant step closer to that constructers champ! Hopefully numbers will pick up for next round again like we saw round 1.

Thanks Deko for the event and post race chat
Quote from Eclipsed :TBH,I wanted to just let this go for sake of peace,but I was interested how it looked from James' point of you in that situation,about which he was so worried (lap 54,I believe) - I didn't not see anything I did wrong to actually hold him up,but I still received complaints about my awful driving. Please point it out for me so I can learn from this,as obviously I'm too stupid to see it myself.

Well, you should have seen already after the hairpin, that he would catch you in the twisty bit in sector 2. You could have easily let him through there(but you didn't need to aslong as you don't hold him up). Then he caught you in the next corner, and just the way you let him through, the 1 thing you want when you're lapping someone is for them to be predictable. You didn't physically hold him up, but if you don't know what the car ahead will do or are doing when you let them through that can cost time and cause accidents.

Part of letting the faster cars through is being predictable. There should also be sportsmanship in general. If theres a lap to go, and theres 2 cars battling infront and I have a nice gap to the cars behind, I wouldn't get involved and it was the other way around for you, you werent racing anyone and James was racing with AroX. You spend all race fighting for tenths and then get a situation like that, it's easy to be frustrated. James could have pointed it out better, but you didn't listen either.

I've never had you down as a dirty/unsafe racer, so hopefully you have the brains to take someone's opinion that's different from yours and use it because it would have cost you less time to let him through sooner and been better for both.

Oh, and don't let my red name fool you. That's just my own opinion from being on the other side of getting the opportunity to lap people more frequently than most.
So obviously noone saw the car 5 seconds ahead of me? Which I was following whole race long,even if it wasn't close fight,a mistake by him (Y.Lemmens) could still mean chance to get position up for me,that's why I did not pull aside miles wide and let him by,sacrificing multiple seconds for someone. If I'm still racing for position,I always go by the old rule - if the lapping car makes a move,I let by,otherwise I don't care too much about him. But since it was James,I got some stress because of that history from last round (a single touch and I would be protested for sure),so yes - I made a mistake when positioning my car for entry of that left turn,so I pulled wide and locked wheels to make car go straight without turning in turn. Yes,it might have felt weird seeing a car crossing normal line diagonally,but then again - if you don't want to see people making mistakes,you should create league where everyone is within 101% of WR and race only there,otherwise you have to deal with drivers failing to get within 103% at some particular combos.
At the end I was the loser of situation,as I screwed up front wheels,car was very understeery for next couple laps and lost 3 seconds to my opponent.
Also (to make my post longer for no useful reason at all) - I'm curious for one thing: at that point of race James still had to pit,as noone can make whole race on fuel,I'm curious why he did not go for pitstop before needing to overtake the very slow 2-3 seconds off pace backmarkers (as there was another one 5 seconds in front,which he did not catch)? If you're racing a close race where every second count,who voluntary jumps into traffic where you theoritically should lose the time anyway? It actually felt like James actually searching for a reason to have something against me because of my very wrong protest,which turned out that I'm wrong. Just a conspiracy theory..
At the end - I'm sure that all this post-race discussions would never happened if there would not be that last race discussion and my protest for that incident. Obvioulsy James doesn't share my weird sense of humor and took very seriously my stupid jokes about what might happen this race.

Quote from Chat after Kyoto oval race :
James: I'm such an oval noob.
Rony: Yes,you are!

...and a new forum rivalry has born.
R1's on a race set make baby jesus cry

Ran Q on race fuel, then did the race thinking I could work the R1 in the race but drove too aggressively early on and cooked the tyres leading to a massive driver fail.

LFSCART Light Series 2013 Round 6: Race Discussion
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG