The online racing simulator
New rig, what to do?
(5 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
New rig, what to do?
Hi, I built a time ago a nice rig but its f*cked up, and because I went with the socket 1366 the parts are now very expensive (it feels like a very expensive pile of crap)...

Im still not sure what the hell is bad with the PC but I know what is good: cpu, and ram, everything else can be damaged or something.

Lets go to the point, I need a new rig, but I didnt know that Intel just released the 4th generation of i7..

I had an eyes over the i7 3770K a time ago but... the 4770k is making me falling in love.

My question is about the socket, I need a mainstream socket, I dont want to see the prices of the MB or the CPUs going to the sky just how happened with my i7 960 and the MOBO related to the 1366.

I get a snap shots related to the topic, because I dont get some stuff.. the intel's website doesnt show any info about the BUS, not sure why? why?

well, and about the GPU I need a good one, I like Nvidia, I would like something in the 300 us$ range price, I mean from 300$ to 350$ or something like that.

I dont like to overclock anything, I need a good system because I have to edit a lot of video and need enough power to record games at the best quality.

please help me with this because this is the only place I know where people really know how this works lol

btw, if I could buy the whole system it would be perfect BUT Im not sure how I can get a nice combo of gpu+cpu with the warranty from DELL for example, is that possible? ALIENWARE is awesome but...what about DELL or..anything else?

please tell me your best feedback about the mobo and everything I should get.
Attached images
cpu1.PNG
4770K is on the next mainstream socket (LGA1150) so that's your safest bet.

GTX 760 is likely the best graphics card in that price range, it's going to be announced and released tomorrow.

Also avoid Alienware like the bubonic plague if you want any value for your money.
Alienware == DELL

I would avoid any pre-built systems per definition, especially when you already have a lot of good components.

What specs do you have now, since I kinda miss the point since I don't know what you have now.
#4 - jnr89
Quote from Bose321 :Alienware == DELL

I would avoid any pre-built systems per definition, especially when you already have a lot of good components.

What specs do you have now, since I kinda miss the point since I don't know what you have now.

I had an i7 960 with 12 gb of ram and the GPU was the GTX 470 from Zotac, my system is dead because the gpu or the PSU is like dead.

the PSU was a thermaltake toughpower gold 850w or something like that, Im happy that the 4770k is the mainstream socket, is so powerful compared to the 960, well, I was thinking a whole system would bring me a better warranty than buying each hardware...
I see. Well, if you can spare the cash; why not.

New rig, what to do?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG