The online racing simulator
My first skin.
(5 posts, started )
My first skin.
I decided to make a skin because my FZ5 was getting a bit bland.

I'm not much for stickers and stuff, but I threw in a little stripe. Being as I'm terrible, and by terrible I mean it took me like 2 hours just for the CF on the car, at Photoshop it took me quite some time.

I'm semi-satisfied with the outcome.

*Warning* Picture is 1920 x 1200.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/prodeg/skin2.jpg
Doesn't look there is much in it. Not bad for a first skin but you could want to take that picture somewhere where there is more light, like in the viewer. You used that right?
Quote from Blackout :Doesn't look there is much in it. Not bad for a first skin but you could want to take that picture somewhere where there is more light, like in the viewer. You used that right?

1920 x 1200
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/prodeg/skin3.jpg

As requested.

I left it kind of "not much in it" because I'm not into the stickers and things. I figured a CF top half, and something small on the bottom would be suitible for me. I like it to the extent that the CF looks cool, and the blue contrasts the orange pretty well, but... there's different things I could do to improve the clean look.

It's a start. I figured out a lot about skinning just by doing this.
its not bad. i agree about the simplistic skin view...

a couple of things that i noticed...
first off, the text on the sides need to be cleaned up. it looks like you used an image that you cut the text out of. if you did, the text tool in photoshop will produce better results.

2nd, the i think color of the stripe behind the front wheels doesn't fit the car. if i was doing this skin, i'd try grey or black.
Quote from glyphon :its not bad. i agree about the simplistic skin view...

a couple of things that i noticed...
first off, the text on the sides need to be cleaned up. it looks like you used an image that you cut the text out of. if you did, the text tool in photoshop will produce better results.

2nd, the i think color of the stripe behind the front wheels doesn't fit the car. if i was doing this skin, i'd try grey or black.

Thanks for the comments.

The text was done in Photoshop using a few different filters to give it that look. I don't know why, but it looks a lot better in game.

As for the color of the stripe, I would probably agree had I changed it. I just threw something on there to make it less bland than it already was.

My first skin.
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG