The online racing simulator
Need DXTweak v4.30.229, so I can set a deadzone..
As the title says, I'm in dire need of DXTweak v4.30.229 so that I can set a deadzone on my logtech driving force wireless. (DXTweak2 crashes on exit with Win7, even after making the needed .reg file winblows is missing) If anybody has, or knows where to get said version, (or can simply provide an alternate, working method to set a deadzone), I would be eternally grateful!!
Dxtweak
Quote from JackSun :I am using the one I downloaded from here...

Thanks & I'm glad it works for you, but that's the one I and a million other people are having issues with. (all you need to do is google the version I'm looking for to see how problematic DXTweak2 is) Also FWIW, I've tried both 64 and 32 bit, just to be sure. (I'm on Win7 64 Bit Pro) Did you have to do all this as well? http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1462512 (top/first post)
Dxtweak
No I just run the file in administrator mode. Right click on the .exe file and choose run as administrator.
Might also be worth playing with the compatability mode options by right clicking the .exe, choosing properties and set compatability for say Windows XP, see if that helps.

I'm not sure about the deadzone registry problems but it certainly doesn't crash during use or on exit. I have not had to edit any files to get it to work.

I have sucessfully used it to tweak out my spiking throttle pot problems.

Quote from JackSun :No I just run the file in administrator mode...

First thing I tried was administrative, which was no help, so I thought I'd try Win98 compatibility or something, since that's what it was designed for. (and specifically states it won't work properly in later OS's within its readme) The only compatibility modes I have listed are Vista, Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Win7 and Server 2008 SP1. So then I searched around & found/tried the mentioned registry thing, with no luck. (same as all the other users I mentioned finding having issues) Why the frik couldn't LFS simply have deadzone setup options within the game, like just about every other driving game out there, heh. Anywho, I appreciate your effort JackSun.

If anybody else reads this I'm still in need of the ability to set a frikkin wheel deadzone!! :worried:
DXtweak
Interesting that I can use it ok on my system though. I may not be trying to adjust the same thing as you, but as I said it works without any problems for removing dodgy areas on my pedal pots.

The only time I had any trouble with it was when I had another controller plugged in at the same time as my G25 wheel, but just removing the other controller allowed it to work ok.
Hi

I have DXTweak version v4.30.229. Where can I send it?
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hi

Hi Lucas I appreciate it, but managed to locate the file last night, (major overlook on my behalf! :o), though while I can now make settings, and save/recall them, (without crashing), the changes made don't actually affect wheel input outside of DXTweak itself. Did you have to do any fiddling/creating of registry files for the program to be functional?

EDIT - just a little disclaimer.. I realize I've now got this topic going in two different forum sections, though need as many brain cells as possible just the same!
So does anybody know/have any ideas why I can now save/recall DXTweak profiles, and my deadzone settings do work within the program, but don't affect the wheel within any games/outside of DXTweak itself?
Sorry for upping this "old" thread, but i am in the need for DXTweak 4.30.229: anyone can send it to my email address or give me a working link please?

Thanks
I would, but managed to accidentally delete the folder where I backup game files like that, (a few days ago), losing all kinds of save games, tweak files & stuff.
Hi

Quote from Whiskey :..People is getting awesomely lazy nowadays..

While I didn't spend more than a minute or two looking myself, I did Google both "DXTweak v4.30.229" and "DXTweak" and all I found were bad links and/or other people looking for it etc.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG