The online racing simulator
Grand Prix of Monaco 2013
(124 posts, started )
It is hard to tell if it was a kamikaze move, kimi blocked it before we could see the outcome. He did a great pass on Alonso previously so who knows..
All well done to Perez for giving it a shot. Kimi made his luck by forcing the issue, wouldn't be surprised if he even got penalized. No matter who's fault it is you don't put someone into an armco!

Sutil hero of the race for me. Beautifully judged passes and exactly knew when it was enough to allow luck to come his way. Great result there.

And Alonso, probably well managed race considering the position he was in. Those few points could come charming at the end of the year for him.
At least Sutil knows how to overtake
Impressive stuff from Rosberg and Sutil...
It probably was a kamikaze move, but the fact is that Kimi saw it coming and ran him into the at armco instead of getting out of the way and repassing him on the way out of the chicane. It was a bad call on his part. (Granted, in the heat of the moment, but that's supposedly why these guys are paid the big bucks.)

Agreed on Sutil as man of the race. Did everything Perez did but cleaner and classier.

Great race overall, especially for Monaco.
Just because you can make such a move, doesn't mean you should.
Anyone heard any updates on Massa's condition?
I recorded the race, just been watching that attempt from Perez, its actually quite a terrible attempt, kimi took his line which was clear, but perez kept pushing for the pass when he should have backed off far sooner.

Sutil drive of the day, good job by him.
You don't think Perez was braking as best he could as Kimi was driving him over to the wall? I think he was committed at that point and had no option of backing out.
Perez is crazy but entertaining.

Happy for Rosberg although they will probably have the usual tyre problems again next race.
I'm glad Kimi turned in on Perez. It ruined both their races but maybe it'll teach Perez that making kamikaze moves that rely on forcing other cars off the track to avoid a crash is a pretty shitty way to go racing.
Räi didn't take a clear line. Initially it was a half-arsed defensive line with a car's width of space on the inside, then he saw Peretz coming and turned all the way in under brakes. Really made his own luck with that one.

If Peerez really was going in too hot, then he would have missed the turn. Because of this, Räi would have been forced wide, could have cut the chicane (but obviously not flat out) and not gotten a penalty. Full disclosure: Pereez didn't leave a car's width for Allonso when they were side by side, Perrez being given the position afterwards was a mistake.
Very diplomatic interview by Button on NBCSN.

"Perez is a feisty one, isn't he?"

"...yes."
Quote from mythdat :I'm glad Kimi turned in on Perez. It ruined both their races but maybe it'll teach Perez that making kamikaze moves that rely on forcing other cars off the track to avoid a crash is a pretty shitty way to go racing.

No, it's a ****ing awesome way to go racing. No point having some pussy let's all drive in line and be besty mates and spoon each other post-race rubbish you get on sims nowadays.
Quote from Intrepid :No, it's a ****ing awesome way to go racing. No point having some pussy let's all drive in line and be besty mates and spoon each other post-race rubbish you get on sims nowadays.

You don't have to be a complete dick to overtake someone. It's perfectly possible to race fairly - see Sutil today.
#67 - aoun
Quote from mythdat :You don't have to be a complete dick to overtake someone. It's perfectly possible to race fairly - see Sutil today.

+1

On another note, sick of people who think passing is the only thing that makes a race interesting.
People talk about how theres no passing and no guts these days, well i think people are too spoiled and dont know how to appreciate a race thats bumper to bumper, nose to tail.
Awesome stuff.
Quote from mythdat :You don't have to be a complete dick to overtake someone. It's perfectly possible to race fairly - see Sutil today.

what? dive bombing people at the hairpin?
I hope to god Lotus and Ferrari find some extra oomph for the rest of the season, the young brat winning the fourth tittle in a row would kill F1 for me, even now i'm struggling to keep my eyes open for the races, I actually snooze off for a couple of minutes every race until some loud commentary snaps me back up.. I never thought that day would come.
Mild penalty for Grosjean, only a 10 place grid penalty for the next race. (If the team not replaces him)
Is Boris ever NOT bitching about something?

Grand Prix of Monaco 2013
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG