The online racing simulator
2013 Spanish Grand Prix
(178 posts, started )
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I wouldn't be surprised if 'accidentally' RB became fast with the new tyres. They'll be like "drivers have to deal with it, it's a part of racing".

Seriously though, when they were winning races in a row they didn't have a word, now that they couldn't make it to the podium it's suddenly "not about racing anymore".

pls
Mercedes problem is their own, and I guess at Monaco they will be better because the wear is usually lower there but Pirelli shouldnt have to change because of that - its a competitive championship and if you can't get ontop of your own problems, thats your fault. Hamilton always complains when he's struggling with the tyres and over does it a bit, I mean its not the first time he's said he can't go any slower - but then next race he wins and he doesn't complain anymore. When the tyres are a bit marginal, and his car is a bit marginal then you add him into the mix with his style which is hard on the tyres, you have pretty much the worst combination for not looking pathetic during a race - I'm sure not every race will be like that even if Pirelli don't change anything.

But even when you watched Massa who at that point was the fastest car on the track, it looked pathetic. Other races havent been as bad, so its wrong to call Pirelli out on it too much and I hope they dont go too far the other way because it would be unfair for the teams that have the advantage, and probably damage the spectacle. But with their contract which asks them to make tyres for 2-3 pitstop races running out at the end of this year, if F1 wants to take a different direction then I guess 1 way or another they can.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You are one mad Hamilton fan And dawesdust, first you steal my avatar now you steal my opinions aswell? Get out

1) I've had this avatar since you were in diapers.
2) iRental sucks.
3) See 5.
4) See 3.
5) See 4.
6) I still had this avatar first.
7) iRental still sucks.

I think I've covered all the bases here.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :You are one mad Hamilton fan And dawesdust, first you steal my avatar now you steal my opinions aswell? Get out

And u are a happy Raikkonen fan? I know... silly argument.

Mercedes is close to a solution. All they got to do is give NIKI a call, he seems to have it all figured out.
Quote from ChristijaNL :Mercedes is close to a solution. All they got to do is give NIKI a call, he seems to have it all figured out.

This is what I'll tell them.
Just make some airflow ingredients somehow to make the air put more stress to rear wing (something thats still allowed in rules, something that looks like 2008 car, perhaps a pod for air direction next to sidepods that i had seen in some cars, or small winglets behind the mirrors in some other cars) and design rear wing in such way to make car understeer little bit more with more load it puts in rear wing and overall u have more downforce and as consequence u use front tires more and rear tires slightly less, which would make you go 0.5 quicker in race and you can take down rear blowing a little bit, which makes tires have easier life and you still go 0.5 a lap quicker in race on merit. Take 3-4 races to test different things to help out with this and viola.
How hard can it be?
Encase the tyre in leather, then you'll get a few laps on the leather before the leather wears out.
Quote from devildare :hamilton or no hamilton, when a driver has to tell its engineer that he, "cant go any slower" in whats meant to be the pinnacle of motorsport, then there is definitely something wrong.

Whatever though, mercedes have no idea themselves why the car is so pathetic on its tyres, so i am not gonna call for a witch hunt on pirelli.

Ferrari and lotus seem to have it figured it out, and thats already better than vettel cruising to easy wins imo. Rather have some competition than no competition at all.

+1
The technical regulations for each season are published well in advance and it's up to the teams to design a car that will go as fast as possible within those regulations. They all knew that the tyres would be getting even more marginal, Pirelli made that very clear. If some teams balls it up and build cars that are slow, that's their problem.

Pirelli have announced that they're going to revert to last year's tyre construction to make them more durable and I'd question how ethical (and legal, for that matter) it is to just suddenly change the regulations in the middle of the season because some teams have discovered that some other teams have done a better job designing their cars than they have

Now I agree that changing the tyres is necessary, but for next season, not now. Changing them now isn't much different from saying, "oh, McLaren and Mercedes have designed cars that lack downforce this season, let's ban front and rear wings for the rest of the season".
All it's going to do is hand the balance to Red Bull, who ironically are one of the teams whining the most about the tyre regs. Funnily enough as of late, they aren't winning much either.
Coincidence? Red Bull and Vettel are losing. Tyres change to last years compound where Vettel was dominant.

I can't quite put my foot on the correlation, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Coincidence? Red Bull and Vettel are losing. Tyres change to last years compound where Vettel was dominant.

Well Red Bull these days probably have more money/resources than anyone else. Who needs to sell road tyres and have proper marketing strategies that you have to pay for when you can get payment from Mateschitz in huge ammounts.
Quote from mythdat :The technical regulations for each season are published well in advance and it's up to the teams to design a car that will go as fast as possible within those regulations. They all knew that the tyres would be getting even more marginal, Pirelli made that very clear. If some teams balls it up and build cars that are slow, that's their problem.

Pirelli have announced that they're going to revert to last year's tyre construction to make them more durable and I'd question how ethical (and legal, for that matter) it is to just suddenly change the regulations in the middle of the season because some teams have discovered that some other teams have done a better job designing their cars than they have

Now I agree that changing the tyres is necessary, but for next season, not now. Changing them now isn't much different from saying, "oh, McLaren and Mercedes have designed cars that lack downforce this season, let's ban front and rear wings for the rest of the season".

This guy ^ He is a winner
Too... Much... Bender...
Quote from mythdat :The technical regulations for each season are published well in advance and it's up to the teams to design a car that will go as fast as possible within those regulations. They all knew that the tyres would be getting even more marginal, Pirelli made that very clear. If some teams balls it up and build cars that are slow, that's their problem.

What you describe really isn't F1. It's a game of politics, not the 'spirit' of sporting and technical regulations. If the teams don't like that, that's .... their problem.

The tyres are a product of demand, that demand being more entertaining races. If the races aren't entertaining, then it is Pirelli's job.... no... duty... to change the tyres to improve the show. This is very very very clear. This was clear day one.

The teams knew in advance compounds and so on could be changed mid-season. It was a very plausible possibility after the Barcelona test highlighted that we could be seeing too many pitstops and too higher deg.

If it is somehow within the sporting and technical regulations that Pirelli can change compounds and structure (which I believe it is) then this move is 'part of the sport' and the teams just have to 'deal with it' because it's the 'same for everybody'

I don't particulary like the current tyres, nor do I like the fact we ahave a tyre manufacturer can manipulate the championship in this way, but it IS part of the sport, and it IS legal, and that means the teams just have to get on and live with it.
Quote from vipex123 :Too... Much... Bender...

Blame all the copycats. They're the losers that decided to copy my avatar of like 4 years.
Now as much as I want the tyres to change, I do think it would be unfair to do too much untill next season regardless.

If Redbull have the fastest package you should see a second half domination like last year once they understood the tyres.
Quote from Mustafur :If Redbull have the fastest package you should see a second half domination like last year once they understood the tyres.

Pirelli was more conservative in second half of the season last year after in order to please the whiners, much like this year, Pirelli changed the tires. And it all stinks too much as if it's going back in that way. Personally 3 pitstops should be minimum on high-speed tracks and RedBull should develop their car, not whine into 4th straight title. arrrrr
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Blame all the copycats. They're the losers that decided to copy my avatar of like 4 years.

Mate, listen, I had it on another forum since the space pilot 3k episode ok, so you're way behind me. You were still in diapers back then.
Quote from N I K I :Pirelli was more conservative in second half of the season last year after in order to please the whiners, much like this year, Pirelli changed the tires. And it all stinks too much as if it's going back in that way. Personally 3 pitstops should be minimum on high-speed tracks and RedBull should develop their car, not whine into 4th straight title. arrrrr

Trying to make tyres as bad as possible to stop people winning sounds more like WWE then competition to me.

Teams shouldn't be punished for being better.
Quote from Mustafur :Trying to make tyres as bad as possible to stop people winning sounds more like WWE then competition to me.

Teams shouldn't be punished for being better.

Ok. You're clearly a RedBull fan. The statement was at end of last season that this seasons tires will be slightly more prone to degradation to improve the show, because everyone adjusted to diffuser ban and everything became boring procession in most of last races in last season.
So, they did exactly that. Worsen the tires ever so slightly from already bad tires and that's that. They've now hit the limit how bad they can be and every single team could have predicted this before season started, and your RedBull group of whinners about how it's only to stop them bla bla bla bla blaaaaa, exactly knew this was happening.
I tell you, even when they so to say 'improve' the tires, majority of races will still be 3 stoppers as the summer looms and RedBull will still not be dominant, because the level of grip available to them will be on Malaysia level and Alonso won't be taken out every single race.
Asian tracks suit them and you can see where that is going then. If they whine again to change tires before that part of season, then something is really wrong with F1 politics.
Quote from N I K I :Ok. You're clearly a RedBull fan. The statement was at end of last season that this seasons tires will be slightly more prone to degradation to improve the show, because everyone adjusted to diffuser ban and everything became boring procession in most of last races in last season.
So, they did exactly that. Worsen the tires ever so slightly from already bad tires and that's that. They've now hit the limit how bad they can be and every single team could have predicted this before season started, and your RedBull group of whinners about how it's only to stop them bla bla bla bla blaaaaa, exactly knew this was happening.
I tell you, even when they so to say 'improve' the tires, majority of races will still be 3 stoppers as the summer looms and RedBull will still not be dominant, because the level of grip available to them will be on Malaysia level and Alonso won't be taken out every single race.
Asian tracks suit them and you can see where that is going then. If they whine again to change tires before that part of season, then something is really wrong with F1 politics.

Yes, want racing and your a fanboy of a team.

I have my favoured drivers yes, but i dont follow F1 like Football.

Its basically a game of chess, not Racing.
Quote from Mustafur :
Its basically a game of chess, not Racing.

Its been like that for aslong as I have watched it. Tell me an era of F1 that hasn't been like that? IMO the strategic element is what F1 is about. It's just about getting the balance right.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Its been like that for aslong as I have watched it. Tell me an era of F1 that hasn't been like that? IMO the strategic element is what F1 is about. It's just about getting the balance right.

Yes I know there has been a strategic element and a racing element but now the whole thing is Strategy.
And that's exactly why it's so interesting. There's hardly any sport out there where player has to be committed to it for that long of a period constantly on the edge with just few straights here and there to rest for few seconds. F1 driver on 50% of his capabilities does way more than great majority of all other sportsmen do in their field of expertize. Every game is about strategy if you take a closer look. Every team has strategies etc. etc. and still take Force India car this year and go bash it out you'll have no problem, car manages tires itself by design. In Mercedes you have to manage it, because car is incapable of doing that for you at the moment. It's fascinating how much thought is behind this mustafur.

I'm not fan of F1 by accident mate. It's absolutely the pinacle, the best of the best in something I love and that is why I'm trying to show you a deeper level of understanding, since it's necessary in such a complicated sport. Else, you just end up with complaints about things of things instead of perhaps admiring great work the Ferrari crew has done with their car this year compared to RedBull, who hasn't moved a step since last year.

It's a shame this announced tires change after Canada. Ferrari, Lotus and especially Force India have worked really hard in finding the perfect balance in their car, via suspension geometry, setups and other things to be in perfect thermal area of 2013 Pirelli tire. It's greatly unfair to widen that narrow operating window to allow other teams to exploit temperatures which are basically not allowed. Even in LFS the operating window in temperature range is generally tight and it's something as normal as that. It's just the consequence of tire war that teams got used on having it easy mate and that's why we now have all this misunderstandings going on.

F1 has many, many times gone backwards in the past to allow the racing to become closer, ergo more competitive and more attractive. If there were only few rules and teams were never stopped from going forward, everyone would be running V12 engines, going 400kmh on Monza and driving 3 meter wide cars with such grip the best of tires would probably be as F1's ordered tire today is. The point is, it would cost unimaginable amount of money and there wouldn't be racing, we'd be watching business. So, there are few steps back from perfection to give us racing from that.

Even in pure racing, there are strategies how you overtake someone, or defend from someone. I'm sorry, but stating things as you did just makes me thing all thru this tread that you wish to ignore everything that has been kindly given to you here in terms of knowledge to stick with your entry fan levels of knowledge in order just to be different and to argue with basically, everyone here. Mate, I strongly suggest you not to state things way out of your range with attitude I don't really follow this sport.

You follow football. It's the biggest game of chess on planet that. It's just that the board is not black and yellow, it's completely green, how about that.

2013 Spanish Grand Prix
(178 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG