The online racing simulator
What wheel?
(30 posts, started )
What wheel?
hey guys, i really find the need for a wheel in LFS so im going to look for one, i really want to be able to drive my full potential and it aint possible without a good one.. and also wheel´s are quite expensive in iceland so i dont want to need to buy more then one

so here i ask you guys, what is best for LFS, i heard you needed force feedback but more i dont know,
#2 - Chaos
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Here is a link to a review of the wheel. Now i dont know how much you know about wheels and all the tech info, but it even goes through how well the wheel performs so have a read.

REVIEW

eidt* mind you they did test it on games which can be looked at as being arcade, i have no idea why they wanted to test it with Need for Speed Underground. They should start testing with some proper sims like LFS

mad
Wait a bit and get the Logitech G25.

If you have enough money, wait for the VPP-Wheel, and get the VPP-Pedals too.

If you wanna spend less 100€, go and get the Logitech DFP.
If you wanna spend less 50€ and not scared of fixing pedals, get the Momo-Racing.
And if you just wanna a very cheap Wheel, get the Logitech Wingman FormulaForce GP.
Quote from Sven Menkhoff :If you wanna spend less 50€ and not scared of fixing pedals, get the Momo-Racing.
FormulaForce GP.

lol. Personally i would stay away from the Momo Racign wheel. (Speaking from experience) its a very buggy wheel with pedals as mentioned going wrong quite frequently, yes it can be fixed with some plastic tape but thats only temporary, the force feedback is quite good but isnt very smooth at times.

DFP would be a good choice or wait for the Logitech G25 but it will be quite expensive!
Quote from Madman_CZ :Personally i would stay away from the Momo Racign wheel. (Speaking from experience) its a very buggy wheel ... the force feedback is quite good but isnt very smooth at times.

I don't think much of it at all really. It does feel very grainy, it doesn't feel like driving a real car. The Red Momo is a world of difference there. Plus the black one is still very plasticy, and gets play quite quickly. Cheap mass manufactured rubbish really. Just a shame there are few wheels better.

And will people stop complaining the G25 is expensive, if you don't want a piece of sh**, expect to pay money. I'd happily pay twice what they're charging (so long as the product was good enough).
Quote from Sven Menkhoff :Wait a bit and get the Logitech G25.

If you have enough money, wait for the VPP-Wheel, and get the VPP-Pedals too.

If you wanna spend less 100€, go and get the Logitech DFP.
If you wanna spend less 50€ and not scared of fixing pedals, get the Momo-Racing.
And if you just wanna a very cheap Wheel, get the Logitech Wingman FormulaForce GP.

I have a Formula Force GP. This is my first wheel ever, so I can't compare it to anything, but apparently it works just fine, although it's only 6 months old.
It was quite hard to get hold of it here in Hungary, 2 or 3 shops said they are not sold anymore. I managed to get one after running around for a few days, it was something like 60 Euros.
I use the logitech momo. A lot of people have complained of problems with the pedals but I've had mine 8 months now and used it a fair bit and not had any problems at all.
i have a logitech dfp its a good wheel youy should get one of them.
I have a Logi Momo for 2.5 years now. The wheel is still ok, but I had to replace the pedals (with ECCI), since I had the first version, which gave up its ghost after racing over 50.000 km online (after 1.5 years). But because it has a plastic "bearing" i don't think it will last... I will go for the DFP after the Momo dies...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Can you use the DFP with PC aswell because isn't it renowned for GT4 and PS2.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :Can you use the DFP with PC aswell because isn't it renowned for GT4 and PS2.

yes you can, it isnt "renowed" for GT4, they just put the badge on it for marketing
tbth that's a bit stupid.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :tbth that's a bit stupid.

so is calling GT4 a sim, but its marketing what do you expect?
g25>dfp>momo
GT4 is "the ultimate driving simulator". Sure
gj beating a dead horse nuttyboy. make u feel good?
#18 - Mc21
get the DFP.
I begged and begged to get the dfp, I got it for christmas, I had to pay for it partly myself... And I'm VERY happy I did, not a moment of regret here. It's a great wheel, I have it for 7 months now, and I haven't had any problems of yet. I'm really satisfied!

And btw, that review there, it stinks, it says if you use it on a pc you won't have 900° mode and no force feedback (While you do, for the not knowers )
Quote from Gabkicks :gj beating a dead horse nuttyboy. make u feel good?

What.
Hi Kekkart,

I had a lot of fun with my old Momo Red, it seems to be special made for LFS, though after 3 years or so, maybe 4, I forget, I had to made some creative repairs, and after some time it really died, RIP.

Bought last 2 june the Momo black, 115 Euro's , cost me some weeks to get it all tuned , especially the pedals sensitivity, but now Im get used to it and do pb's again

The steering stability is very good and even better then the old red, steerbuttons a little diff then before but in common I really think this can be a really nice wheel for you.
hey guys, i found the "gt4" wheel (dfp?), but they said it was only for playstation 2, they had the logitech momo thingy,

anything i should know more about the logitech momo wheel.

Regards
It is a PS2 wheel, but the latest Wingman drivers allow the DFP to work perfectly on PC.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from kekkart :hey guys, i found the "gt4" wheel (dfp?), but they said it was only for playstation 2, they had the logitech momo thingy,

anything i should know more about the logitech momo wheel.

Regards

the DFP does work on PC, its all just marketing
The driving force pro 'is' for the PS2 but it's connection is USB so it plugs straight into your PC and all you have to do is download the driver for it at logitech.com and it will work fine.

I've got a old scabby driving force (Version before the pro, for GT3) and it works fine, FF is now gone silly sometimes and has a very slight twitch in extremely sensitive movement (Only realy affects the MRT) and it has done great for me.

If you want cheap and cheerfull get the DF off ebay, if you wanna go a bit up get the DFP, or be hated by me and all of the cheapos in LFS and but the G25 thing.

What wheel?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG