The online racing simulator
Looking For A Film...
(32 posts, started )
Hmm, I think I hijack this thread a little ...

Back in the early nineties I remember watching some japanese live action show sometimes very early on Saturday mornings. It featured I think a policemen, and he and his car could morph (he in a supersuit, the car by lots of body panels switching on hinges, unlike Transformers) The car was white in normal form, and red-ish in superhero form, and its model was something like a AE86 or Supra Mk. II, definitely something with pop-up headlights.

There were toys available, I once found a toy version of the hero car while working in a kindergarten, but somehow didn't check it for the series name.

Any ideas? Its just a nostalgia thing
Quote from amp88 :Another request, this time with even vaguer information than earlier in the thread.

I (partially) remember watching this film in the early to mid '90s on TV (so it was probably released in the early '90s). It starts off with a guy waking up and getting ready to go to work. He leaves his house and jumps in a sports car (possibly a Porsche 911 variant) and I think he burns rubber when he pulls away. The guy works as some kind of bank robber turned security consultant, so I think they do the old "guy looks like he's robbing the place but in fact he's trying to find the faults in the security system". That's all I can remember. I have no idea on actors. I've spent a while looking on the Internet Movie Cars DB but there are so many films featuring Porsches (and I'm not even sure it was a Porsche) that I thought I'd ask here.

I appreciate the info above is really vague, but it's worth a shot

Quote from amp88 :Another request...

A guy who's committed a serious crime (something like armed robbery or murder) is trying to get away from the police but they have road blocks set up. So, he goes to the nearest park (national park maybe?) and joins a group of climbers to try and disguise himself. Someone (maybe a park ranger or a local policeman) figures this out and goes after the guy. I've got a feeling there's a rope bridge or small cable car type thing involved somehow, but not sure. I think it's probably from the mid '90s and it's American.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: It's not Cliffhanger.

Bit of a bump for these. Last weekend I met up with a friend I hadn't seen for ~15 years and he suggested I try asking on the IMDB forums. Posted these details and got replies for both of them within a day.

The first (bank / fast car) is Fast Getaway II and the second (criminal climber) is Shoot to Kill.
Quote from ACCAkut :Hmm, I think I hijack this thread a little ...

Back in the early nineties I remember watching some japanese live action show sometimes very early on Saturday mornings. It featured I think a policemen, and he and his car could morph (he in a supersuit, the car by lots of body panels switching on hinges, unlike Transformers) The car was white in normal form, and red-ish in superhero form, and its model was something like a AE86 or Supra Mk. II, definitely something with pop-up headlights.

There were toys available, I once found a toy version of the hero car while working in a kindergarten, but somehow didn't check it for the series name.

I doubt it, but.... Inspector Gadget?
Quote from ACCAkut :Hmm, I think I hijack this thread a little ...

I posted on the IMDB forums on your behalf. This reply appears to correctly identify the show and includes a video of the transformation.
lol that's it, omg how cheesy does that transformation look today
but six year old me loved it. That spinning boat radar thingy on the roof :doh:

Looking For A Film...
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG