The online racing simulator
G27 -- Three years later
(15 posts, started )

Poll : What's the condition of your G27?

No problems
Minor problems -- Easily repaired
Minor problems -- Prohibitively difficult or expensive to repair
Severe problems not covered by warranty
Severe problems covered by warranty
G27 -- Three years later
For the impatient: G27s do not last a drifter for three years.

It's quiet at first, but gets loud because of some gear tensioner mechanism that was poorly engineered. There is no simple fix.
The accelerator pedal starts malfunctioning too quickly. It can be cleaned or replaced (voiding your warranty).
The shifter starts to malfunction after a couple of years. I think it can be fixed, but haven't yet looked into it. My warranty has already expired.

Take a look at my LFSWorld stats, and you'll see that I really haven't used my wheel that much. I've played other sims, and spent time offline, but I can't imagine that adding up to more than 40-50 hours.

What's the condition of your G27, and how long have you owned it?
I have owned about 3 different G27's since January 2012.

The first one started 3-4 months after purchase, having the shifter-problem. The second one.. well.. Did about the same time, third one, that I got from replacement in warranty, is from September 2012ish, and this one didn't break down yet.

I use it about 5 - 10 hours a week. Normal racing (or driving very very very quick if you count cruise-servers), sometimes drifting.
I own a G25 since December 2007.

- Reverse button broken. A simple soldering job fixed it.
- Pedals spiking. Just open them and clean.
- Shifter behaves weird. Full dissasembly and cleaning, working well.
- More pedal spiking. 20% of death zone to avoid issues as cleaning didn't solve it.
- Even more spiking. Bought new pots, working ok, not as good as originals.
- Shifter went nuts. Another dissasembly to fix it.

The wheel itself has a very disturbing slack/noise, but I'm afraid to open it and find an awful sight
I've had a G25 for 4 years.
It's noisy and the pedals are occasionally flickering a little bit (I kinda think it gives the car a nice backfiring style sound in game tho)
I run it at 60-100 force in LFS depending on car and mood. (102% force in the profiler)

The gear case inside the wheel assembly has a crack in it. (Probably since I like to put my weight on the wheel as I reach for the keyboard)

But all the glitter aside it's been getting the job done for 4 years. Soild.
My G27 still works perfectly, the only issue was that it sometimes exchanged the R gear with the 6th gear.. That's gone now, fixed itself. My old wheel, a G25(5 years old, sold to a friend), still works... The gear shifter got stuck though, dissasembly was needed... But other than that, I think I'm pretty lucky
I don't have a G27, but a G25.

Mine has lasted since they were first released, so like 6 years or so. I've had 1 replacement wheel within the first 6 months due to an electrical short (Plugging my G25's power adapter in still makes sparks), but since then.. no such issues.
I purchased a brand new Logitech g25 back in 2009....

Current problems: Pedals spiking, opened them, cleaned them, still spike a little bit now .

Shifter- Bought a second hand replacement shifter off ebay, working fine, first shifter broke .

Wheel itself- force feedback still strong, all buttons work on wheel .

So really, the actual wheel is the only part which has had no problems since purchase. Logitech should of put some kind of cover around the red pedal parts to prevent dust getting in, and used stronger wires for the shifter.
ive had a G27 since they were first released.

Only 1 problem and that is the accelerator spiking (easily fixed). Other than that ive had no problems, ive done about 100k miles on lfs with this wheel with a fair amount of FFB, that is mixed drifting and racing (Drifting with 720 & shifter, shifter no problems at all)

So i rate the G27 5 stars.
I've only bought mine last august, but it was used and still works fine as ever.
A lot of people I've known that got a G27, have been needing replacements every few months. I on the other hand, got my G25 4 years ago, and it's still kicking, like nothing's happened to it, except for the little plastic ring that hold up the shifter boot fell into the mechanism, making me unable to shift (I had to remove the boot for that to be taken out). The wheel probably needs some cleanup here and there to remove some debris, but it's fine otherwise.
Quote from eddy678 :Logitech should of put some kind of cover around the red pedal parts to prevent dust getting in, and used stronger wires for the shifter.

But then they wouldn't break and they couldn't sell so much new ones... :dunce:
G25 since 2006 here, and still going strong. Not had so much use the last few years, but more recently..
G27 now for approx 7 months, clunking noise when you turn it max to the left, scratching noise @ 20-90 degrees, FFB once didn't work properly [was clunking every single time when the wheel was being turned, but it was like after the first 3 months, then it disappeared by itself].

About to send my G27 on a warranty trip...
Quote from Eclipsed :But then they wouldn't break and they couldn't sell so much new ones... :dunce:

I guess you could be right.

Obsolescence was a great idea when no other brand made wheels, but now that Logitech has some real competence all these failures are just harming their reputation.

I loved Logitech products, but after having a broken gamepad (they sent me a new one on warranty, but it broke the same way), a broken mouse, a keyboard that is failling (ok, it has almost 6 year, no blame) and the long repair history with my G25....

The only thing that is worth about Logitech is the driver. Either the keyboard/mouse one or the Profiler has a bunch of interesting options. This is the only reason I could consider buying any Logitech product in the future.
Well. Just had my first problem today. pedal is spiking between 0-30% at random. Took it a part and cleaned everything did not fix it. wondering if its the humidity.

G27 -- Three years later
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG