The online racing simulator
server option for initial tire temps
we could allow servers to specify the tire temps for each car type at the start of a race.

reason: sometimes real life calls and i leave my car parked on track, then come back to find tires at track temp (20 degrees everywhere i presume).

it is quite a bit different to drive using these "cold tires" (ie _real_ cold tires) than with what you usually have at the start of an online race.

server admins could choose to enable this for extra challenge in early laps, and for the gt cars, pre-warmed tires are not a given anyway?

ps did not check if this was already suggested! bad me!:hide:
Quote from CarlLefrancois :we could allow servers to specify the tire temps for each car type at the start of a race.

reason: sometimes real life calls and i leave my car parked on track, then come back to find tires at track temp (20 degrees everywhere i presume).

it is quite a bit different to drive using these "cold tires" (ie _real_ cold tires) than with what you usually have at the start of an online race.

server admins could choose to enable this for extra challenge in early laps, and for the gt cars, pre-warmed tires are not a given anyway?

ps did not check if this was already suggested! bad me!:hide:

Good idea but lfs has some problems at the moment:
Real tyres and lfs tyres are very different. LFS tyres turn in to round ice-wheels at 20 degrees. Regular real-life tyres perform well from 10 to 65 degrees celcius and outside this range they don't suddenly loose all grip. LFS tyres range is only 10 degrees and only inner-side-tempature of the tyre determines how much grip the entire tyre has.

Idea has been suggested before, but new tyre physics are required to be able to have drivable cars. After that update, this is a good suggestion though

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG