The online racing simulator
Formula XR (FOX) came to life
(18 posts, started )
After seeing its huge success in Live for Speed, BRDC decided it was time to launch it in RL this year.

Take a look at it here http://www.formula4.com/the-car.aspx

Attached images
Capture.JPG
Perhaps the age are pushing you to believe it looks like one.

Specs wise is somewhat the same, but this car is much more Downforce needy than the FOX is.
#3 - JJ72
it already came to life in the ancient formula renaults
Quote from Dennis93 :Perhaps the age are pushing you to believe it looks like one.

Specs wise is somewhat the same, but this car is much more Downforce needy than the FOX is.

No.
A very reliable source from BRDC reveled to me that it was made specifically on the basis of LFS' FOX. They became very much aware of how successful it has been through the years in LFS so they definitely decided it was time to transfer that success to RL
Really?

Because the F4 is MSV and BRDC and is basically based on the Formula Palmer Audi Palmer ran a few years ago. It has nothing to do with FOX, FOX is very similar to an F3 or Formula Renault - not an F4.
And it looks far better than the FOX. The fox is rounded ,ugly and old back of a gas station for 10 years looking. This is edgy, modern, looks like i'll have to sell my body, eggs and maybe a kidney just to get an seat-time interview looking.
Just kidding, it's not made according to FOX. But it does resemble it and FOX is quite fun to drive in LFS, provides good wheel to wheel racing. Hopefully this series will bring some too. Anybody knows where to follow the races?
This resembles FOX as much as your mother does.
And underneath its a 20 year old Van Dieman Formula Ireland with a modern gearbox.
Quote from Braien93 :This resembles FOX as much as your mother does.

Ok, tnx for sharing your view on this.

Now, is there any normal, not retarded human being for a normal discussion on this new series here?
Quote from sermilan :
Now, is there any normal, not retarded human being for a normal discussion on this new series here?

Now is there any normal, not retarded human being for a normal discussion on creating threads that make sense here?
Quote from Braien93 :...for a normal discussion on creating threads that make sense here?

Yes, open a thread to discuss creating threads that make sense
Quote : This resembles FOX as much as your mother does.

LOL!!! What an ****.
Quote from vipex123 :FOX is very similar to an F3 or Formula Renault -

Fox probably produces less than half the aero an F3 car does. In terms of shape and size it's similar but the specifications of a F3 compared to a FOX are worlds apart.

Anyway maybe someone should send an e-mail or two. Peace, you have karting experience don't you?

http://www.formula4.com/teams/2013-teams/comtec-racing.aspx

Sorted. Lol just find a sponsor or two 'n you're good to go!
I know someone with two F4 cars but no confirmed drivers. Could get you a test in it. It's quite a cheap series, so probably only £4k.
Guys, I was generally kidding when saying FOX came to life, but quite a few failed to see that. No one would set a RL series according to a 10 year old imaginary car, I guess

Basically I wanted to open a discussion on this new series. I've never had any RL racing experience and I guess there are many such here, so I'd like to know more about it. It looks to be interesting, it's faster than Formula BMW, what kind of racers do you think it would attract? Younger and less experienced of those who aim at F3?
It's a rival for Formula Ford, and perhaps Formula Renault. I think the intention is for it to be the first car championship once a driver leaves karting. That used to be FFord, but since all the drivers don't want to learn how to drive, and want to have driver aids for their entire career (like paddle shift, wings, electronic dashboards and datalogging), FFord fell out of fashion.

They tried to keep up, but created an ugly beast that doesn't really fix the inherent problems, but removed all the old charm and interest.

Formula Renault is the no-mans land for people that can't get to F3 (budget or talent) most of the time, and I've never taken it seriously as a stepping stone. Sure, there are exceptions (Raikkonen for instance), but they're rare.

So I think F4 will be for ex-karters. Then to F3 or GP3. Then GP2. Then F1.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG