The online racing simulator
PS3 Controller - Bumper as throttle
Hello everyone!

I recently dicovered that you can use your PS3 controller on a PC, which i am using ever since.

The only problem i'm having is that i'm not used to having instant throttle with the bumper buttons, or braking/accelerating with the thumbsticks.

Is there anyway i can use the bumpers in the same manner as with GT5? So that i can dose on the throttle?
the triggers have there own axis just assign them to what you want to control if it still sluggish to you change button rate. i use ps3 as well and i feel the joysticks give you better throttle/brake control but that is my opinion people like what feels good to them
What option do i need to select to use the tirggers as axes?
The only two axes i found in options were the ones for the left and right thumbstick.
download motionjoy from www.motionjoy.com its free to use and gives you use of the controllers triggers and also if you wanted it can also make use of the controllers motion control, ive always used this software and never had problems
Installed it and it works! Thank you all very much!
Only problem i'm having now is that the throttle is stuck at 50% as RT and LT are one trigger according to LFS.

Shouldn't be hard figuring out what's wrong though.
In the controls section of LFS, set it to be "Seperate" instead of "Combined" for pedals.
your welcome.I've set mine to combined|(i set the setting in motionjoy to show my pad as an xbox 360 pad) but it can be set as seperate also you may need to calibrate it by pressing on the C which is next to the axis for your gas/brake and at the same time pressing and releasing gas then brake then while both are released let go of the C(calibrate)

best of luck
and some times you may have to invert the axis i had to do that for my ct and hand brake
Tried everything you guys said, using the Xbox 360 layout in motioninjoy now and calibrated them,
it feels much smoother and it kinda works untill i press L2.

Is there maybe a way to seperate L2 and R2 in two seperate triggers? I tried mapping them in Y+ Y- and X- X+ but without success.
yeah in motionjoy try setting as ps3 then, i think it should then seperate them and then you would need to set each axis in lfs
Finaly got it working, perfectly!

I had to select combine gas/brake instead so that Z+ would be used for throttle and Z- for the brakes.

Thanks all for the help!
your welcome, glad to have helped, and id like to say thankyou to the others who helped.its good when someone can be helped without any stupid comments and such.thanks

best of luck and happy racing
I just hadn't gotten to coming up with clever things about using a PS3 controller for a racing sim. My insults are weak.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I just hadn't gotten to coming up with clever things about using a PS3 controller for a racing sim. My insults are weak.

Ah, so that was supposed to be insulting? Misleading me with false hints?

Some people
No I was trying to be genuinely helpful. I was more poking fun at bishtop being shocked that we were all helpful.

It's all in good fun!
Oh, well you sounded pretty negative about me using a PS3 controller.

If i had money and space for a steering wheel i would've definitely used it! Sadly i had to sell my old one already because of it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No I was trying to be genuinely helpful. I was more poking fun at bishtop being shocked that we were all helpful.

It's all in good fun!

well look around the forum and see how often it is that people get flamed for asking a question,open your eyes to it and you would understand.
also did i say i was shocked that you was helpful, the answer is no,i was slightly shocked that the usual ones who ruin threads with flaming and spam hadnt already done so

if your that bored though that you feel the need to poke fun then its ok with me as im laughing also at you misjudging what i said

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG