The online racing simulator
Hi got a question about license purchase and getting g27 soon.
After like 2007 I quit and I decided to finally come back 2013 long break anyways if do I need to buy the s1 license to get the s2 or can I just buy the s2 and it will unlock both s1 and s2 for a better price or do I have to buy s1 and s2 separate?

I am getting a logitech g27 soon in 5 days when I get from amazon shippment I just ordered not to long ago so can't wait .
Quote from https://www.lfs.net/?page=shop :Buy LFS S2 license (unlock S1 & S2 level content)

- Buying a single S2 license gets you all the current content.
- If you buy S1 for £12, you can upgrade to S2 for £12, there is no need to buy a full S2 license.
- The total cost of accessing all content is £24, not £36.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :- Buying a single S2 license gets you all the current content.
- If you buy S1 for £12, you can upgrade to S2 for £12, there is no need to buy a full S2 license.
- The total cost of accessing all content is £24, not £36.

US dollar please. I don't get it which option is cheaper? Buying both together or buying them separate is cheaper? I am on demo right now. Sorry I can't follow so just buy the s2?

Do you mean this I buy s1 I pay for $18.30 and buy an upgrade and pay another 18.30 instead of 36.61 if I buy the s2 alone right and it will also unlock s1 if I buy the s2 alone? Buying the S2 alone seems cheaper to me will that unlock s1 also?
The cost of all content is the same whether you buy S2, or S1 and then upgrade. The only thing that you don't want to do is buy an S1 license and a full S2 license.

In short: Buy an S2 license straight up, it gets you everything.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :The cost of all content is the same whether you buy S2, or S1 and then upgrade. The only thing that you don't want to do is buy an S1 license and a full S2 license.

In short: Buy an S2 license straight up, it gets you everything.

Thanks I think I get it once I get my logitech and buy some computer stuff tomorrow I will see if I have budge left over for an s2 license .
Quote from iseeu1001 :Thanks I think I get it once I get my logitech and buy some computer stuff tomorrow I will see if I have budge left over for an s2 license .

i think the analogy that fits here is:

lifetime lfs S2 license______________________$36
kickass force feedback wheel_______________$350
computer fast enough for 100fps____________$1000
feeling a simulated car at the limit__________priceless
Quote from CarlLefrancois :i think the analogy that fits here is:

lifetime lfs S2 license______________________$36
feeling a simulated car at the limit__________priceless

I can't buy s2 license yet Had to buy logitech g27 ($227) + GTX 550 ti($69.99) + Cosair 600 Watt power supply($69.99) + battlefield 3 premium edition for pc($59.99).
Quote from CarlLefrancois :i think the analogy that fits here is:

Wat? You can run LFS on a basic PC, and I wouldn't call a G27 a 'kickass' wheel.
Quote from Bose321 :Wat? You can run LFS on a basic PC, and I wouldn't call a G27 a 'kickass' wheel.

I know you can run it on a basic pc but I wanted to try pc gaming for the first time and I did. I know G27 isn't that great but its the best one for its price. I know you didn't responded to me to lol.
Quote from Bose321 :I wouldn't call a G27 a 'kickass' wheel.

Whats better than a G27? Never heard anyone talk about some other wheel as the best wheel out there.
Quote from LukaPsB :Whats better than a G27? Never heard anyone talk about some other wheel as the best wheel out there.

Bose is one of those that thinks fanatek is better.

Pro Tip: They're not.
Well we are all intitled to our own oppinion, but i think the G27 is the best wheel out there. Thats just me
Quote from LukaPsB :Well we are all intitled to our own oppinion, but i think the G27 is the best wheel out there. Thats just me

Most will agree with you that the G27/G25 are the best wheels available. There are a small group that like fanatek wheels, but that seems to have dwindled after fanatek stopped their "Here's a free wheel" promotion a few years back.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bose is one of those that thinks fanatek is better.

Pro Tip: They're not.

Your trolling is just a tad obvious.

I'd rather have a:
  1. Thrustmaster T500
  2. Any Fanatec wheel (CSW especially)
  3. Leo Bodnar wheel
  4. FREX
And the list goes on. Logitech wheels are nice to start with I guess if you can get them dirt-cheap, but calling them the best is just silly. Go ahead and call me a fanboy, but you're really missing out then.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Most will agree with you that the G27/G25 are the best wheels available. There are a small group that like fanatek wheels, but that seems to have dwindled after fanatek stopped their "Here's a free wheel" promotion a few years back.

They don't give free wheels. And Fanatec is becoming a bigger brand by the day, so I don't know where you got that from?
Quote from Bose321 :They don't give free wheels. And Fanatec is becoming a bigger brand by the day, so I don't know where you got that from?

You obviously don't remember too well. When Fanatek first came out with their first wheel, they were soliciting people to test their wheel and then after the trial period was finished, buy them for virtually nothing.
That was years ago, and only with a discount. But it still does not change the fact that it's irrelevant. It's not like other brands don't do that...
T500RS would offer bigger power if you need an upgrade from G25/27.

Forget about FREX. People buying Logi wheels wont be interested in $2000+ setups anyway.
Quote from Bose321 :That was years ago, and only with a discount. But it still does not change the fact that it's irrelevant. It's not like other brands don't do that...

I don't think Logitech has ever been "PLEASE TAKE OUR WHEEL, IT IS SO AWFUL YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO PAY US FOR IT!".
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I don't think Logitech has ever been "PLEASE TAKE OUR WHEEL, IT IS SO AWFUL YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO PAY US FOR IT!".

And that's where you're wrong. I've gotten a bigger discount from the people over at Logitech than from Fanatec or Thrustmaster. I'm pretty sure on some occasions they give them for free (people like Insidesimracing I assume).
Quote from Bose321 :Wat? You can run LFS on a basic PC, and I wouldn't call a G27 a 'kickass' wheel.

ok ok you're right! 1000$ is far more than you really need to run LFS

i like to have the high res texture pack and 32x FSAA etc etc and an SSD drive to not wait for things

BUT I must disagree that the G25 / G27 is a kickass wheel! Granted there are way better wheels!!! I have never tried them but I'm not saying G27 is "the best"

but kickass?? come on, dual motors so there is like 3% spinning resistance, very decent motor strength, 3 excellent pedals. (edit: 900 degrees rotation so no hitting locks)

that's a good start to being kickass but the real reason I say that is I have driven my wheel, pedals and shifter very hard for year after year and had no problems that a quick cleaning didn't fix (gears dropping out).

stainless steel, baby!

yes, the G27 is kickass
Quote from Bose321 :And that's where you're wrong. I've gotten a bigger discount from the people over at Logitech than from Fanatec or Thrustmaster. I'm pretty sure on some occasions they give them for free (people like Insidesimracing I assume).

Well, if you want developers to support your stuff, why wouldn't you give them free hardware? That's just common sense. Fanatek was giving out wheels to everyone with an address.
Quote from Bose321 :Your trolling is just a tad obvious.

I'd rather have a:
  1. Thrustmaster T500
  2. Any Fanatec wheel (CSW especially)
  3. Leo Bodnar wheel
  4. FREX

To be honest i have heard only about the T500, the other three, never heard of them from anyone, and another problem is that in your local shops you cant even get three of those wheels. In Croatia all you can get from shops are G27, DFGT, Thrustmaster F430, other lower quality thrustamster wheels, and strage japanese wheels for low cost. Fanatec, Leo Bodnar, FREX, all have to be bought over the internet i suppose?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, if you want developers to support your stuff, why wouldn't you give them free hardware? That's just common sense. Fanatek was giving out wheels to everyone with an address.

I hope you're not serious.
Quote from LukaPsB :To be honest i have heard only about the T500, the other three, never heard of them from anyone

I think that says enough.
You don't remember? It was literally "Give us your Address, we will give you a wheel"
Breaking up the fight here, aren't fanatecs belt driven?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG