The online racing simulator
2013 F1 Bahrain Grand prix
(58 posts, started )
im quite surprised. we actually had a good race in bahrain!
Pretty dumb move by Alonso/Ferrari to use the drs again after it failed. The extra stop cost him at the end.
Decent race on the whole, though. The first section is probably Tilke's best work in terms of creating overtaking opportunities.
Looks like Hamilton and Alonso have done sort of luck swap this year. Alonso has quickest car but can't seem to take full advantage of it through bad team calls, and Hamilton has managed to drag the Merc into 3rd in the WDC race without doing anything that spectacular.

It was a weird race. All the cars that were racing ended up behind those that just chilled. Most evidently Lewis Hamilton, well, until the end anyway. So much for lewis the tyre eater
can anyone point me to the stewards decision page from the FIA, cant find it^^
Quote from Intrepid :Looks like Hamilton and Alonso have done sort of luck swap this year. Alonso has quickest car but can't seem to take full advantage of it through bad team calls, and Hamilton has managed to drag the Merc into 3rd in the WDC race without doing anything that spectacular.

It was a weird race. All the cars that were racing ended up behind those that just chilled. Most evidently Lewis Hamilton, well, until the end anyway. So much for lewis the tyre eater

Yeah. I think pretty much in the same way. All those who were behind the top guys all race long, suddenly in the end took over the role and finished in better places. Just awkward and yeah.. Bahrain could be interesting, as we see. It was pretty unexpected.
Anyone else think that Perez should have been the one on the radio to McLaren telling Jenson to calm down? I thought Jenson doing the ol' stop on the apex of a potential cut back so the person behind runs into the back of you trick was pretty out of order, especially to your team mate.. Then to top it all off he completely ran Perez off the track while Perez had a massive overlap on the outside
I thought Button was racing Perez harder than he would have raced a normal driver. I thought he was the worse of the 2, I didnt personally see it as Perez swerving at him on a straight. I dunno if it was over the line though. Only thing I cringe every time I see is the way they(Webber puts them there usually I have noticed, but I guess its subjective if thats his fault or whether they shouldnt go there in the first place depending on when they get the overlap) defend on the straight in DRS zone, especially when they go into the pit exit line. Afterall, its there in the first place to stop cars coming out the pits and going towards other cars with a big speed advantage so it kinda defeats the purpose when other cars do it the other way around. It wouldnt affect the racing at all to stop them doing that, and 1 day there is going to be a massive crash, its more likely now than ever with the DRS zones and Pirelli tyres.

2013 F1 Bahrain Grand prix
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG