The online racing simulator
Boston Marathon
(512 posts, started )
Nevertheless...
Suspect in custody, alive.
What do you wanna make a smoothy out of him?
Good job for the FBI. I do believe these are the terrorists, but I'm not quite sure why there were already bomb dogs at the marathon if they're saying there was no known threat. Either they knew about a threat, however vague, and failed to stop it or they knew nothing and couldn't have stopped it...the terrorists succeeded anyway. At least one is alive to face their victims' families.

The complacency is once again broken and people will be more vigilant looking for suspicious actions especially in crowds. After this do you think you would say nothing if you noticed a guy drop his duffel bag on the ground next to you and leave?
OK, now here's something that's getting on my nerves.

3 dead, 180 injured in a bombing
Police offer shot in attempt to detain suspects
1 suspect killed
1 suspect captured in critical condition

5 days ago people were bawling there eyes out over this, now Boston's population has taken to the streets in celebration. I mean, great, we got 'em, but don't they realize that it's a little late, the damage is already done?
So true.
no one gives a fck about the suspects and are probably pretty happy that one is dead and the other is in pain and is fckd. I think that is the message they are trying to send by being in the streets.
I'm genuinly amazed a 19yo kid managed to hold police off an run for so long.

Well, he apparently spent most of that time bleeding in a boat, so...
Oh?
Well the nowegian news are a scrambled mess atm, someone which have a good discribtion of what happend and how it ended?
Don't know what is so amazing about that. He was running for his life and his brother was just gunned down.
Quote from flymike91 :no one gives a fck about the suspects and are probably pretty happy that one is dead and the other is in pain and is fckd. I think that is the message they are trying to send by being in the streets.

True, this is probably what what they wanted it to mean. For the more cynical, however, it is simply an example of how quick America's selective memory is.
Quote from Rappa Z :OK, now here's something that's getting on my nerves.

3 dead, 180 injured in a bombing
Police offer shot in attempt to detain suspects
1 suspect killed
1 suspect captured in critical condition

5 days ago people were bawling there eyes out over this, now Boston's population has taken to the streets in celebration. I mean, great, we got 'em, but don't they realize that it's a little late, the damage is already done?

I think people have forgotten that a suspect still has to go through trial before you can 100% condemn them. Sadly most people want is blood revenge and something to blame on, rather then getting to the bottom on this tension/conflict and do anything about it.
Quote from JJ72 :I think people have forgotten that a suspect still has to go through trial before you can 100% condemn them. Sadly most people want is blood revenge and something to blame on, rather then getting to the bottom on this tension/conflict and do anything about it.

The depressing part is that the US government actually said "nope, rights need not apply" which in a fair and democratic society is bogus and not unlike the dictatorships that the USA fought to dissolve in the Middle East.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :They also think Austrians hang out with kangaroos all the time.

Do you have something against Austrians that hang out with kangaroos?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The depressing part is that the US government actually said "nope, rights need not apply" which in a fair and democratic society is bogus and not unlike the dictatorships that the USA fought to dissolve in the Middle East.

I'm not really comfortable with this national security exemption either, but it does make a certain amount of sense. It's important to know asap whether there are more unexploded devices out there, or other bombers still to be captured. As I understand it, the exemption lasts for a max of 48 hours and then the suspect must be mirandized.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm not really comfortable with this national security exemption either, but it does make a certain amount of sense. It's important to know asap whether there are more unexploded devices out there, or other bombers still to be captured. As I understand it, the exemption lasts for a max of 48 hours and then the suspect must be mirandized.

If there are bombs of questionable existence why would you wanna kill the only people who know about them?
Quote from BlueFlame :If there are bombs of questionable existence why would you wanna kill the only people who know about them?

They went to great lengths to capture this second guy alive, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Boston Marathon
(512 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG