The online racing simulator
Ok no worries ,not sure if i will be avaliable for long
There is a fault at the exchange so I have been told and engineers are onsite.

They said an SNR reset will be required and I explained I am on fibre, they said, oh ok LOL

Don't need an SNR on fibre, only ADSL HA HA..Estimated time, 10pm tonight

Shaun
Ooh, more places to race the unloved RAC? :lovies3d:
Problem with XRT and FXO is that FXO has way faster top speed
and it corners like it goes on rails.

Just a suggestion, Have you tested to put some weight in FXO?
Quote from Jazzka :Problem with XRT and FXO is that FXO has way faster top speed
and it corners like it goes on rails.

More top speed than the RAC/LX6/FZ50 seriously? And i would love my FXO to corner like it's on rails. Tyres degrade quicker in the FXO than all the other cars, so what might start of strong, quickly becomes a problem.

If you limit the intake on the RAC etc and get it right, then the speed should be very similar, this is what I am trying to achieve

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :More top speed than the RAC/LX6/FZ50 seriously? And i would love my FXO to corner like it's on rails. Tyres degrade quicker in the FXO than all the other cars, so what might start of strong, quickly becomes a problem.

Agreed. I love you man. You took the words out of my head.
Server's up chaps if anybody wants to try this out. Please use the following in your Setup's

FXO - Unrestricted
XRT - Unrestricted
RAC - +2kg and 23% Intake
LX6 - 25% Intake
FZ50 - 17% Intake

We can tweak it as we go along, but thought I would get this out on public as that's the only way to tell

Cheers

Shaun
#33 - troy
The degrading may be a problem in 40-60min+ racing but in short public races the fxo is clearly faster on any track you put it against the xrt. The 3% are accepted by the community for as long as I can remember, balancing still isn't perfect with this but it gives the xrt a fighting chance.

Without any restrictions even with the fxo's horrible start you can get around pretty much anybody in the 10-15min of racing on public servers. I wouldn't agree on the top speed argument though as far as I can remember they are pretty even top speed wise, it's the grunt out of corners that lets the xrt stand in the dust.

I would bet a lot of money on any skilled fxo driver beating an xrt driver with equal skill 4 out of 5 times if there is no restriction for the fxo. The rb4 is another matter entirely I'm not sure if you will ever be able to get it competitive on tracks with fast corners and long straights.
Quote from troy :The degrading may be a problem in 40-60min+ racing but in short public races the fxo is clearly faster on any track you put it against the xrt. The 3% are accepted by the community for as long as I can remember, balancing still isn't perfect with this but it gives the xrt a fighting chance.

Without any restrictions even with the fxo's horrible start you can get around pretty much anybody in the 10-15min of racing on public servers. I wouldn't agree on the top speed argument though as far as I can remember they are pretty even top speed wise, it's the grunt out of corners that lets the xrt stand in the dust.

I would bet a lot of money on any skilled fxo driver beating an xrt driver with equal skill 4 out of 5 times if there is no restriction for the fxo. The rb4 is another matter entirely I'm not sure if you will ever be able to get it competitive on tracks with fast corners and long straights.

Thats what I am here to test Troy
Quote from troy :I would bet a lot of money on any skilled fxo driver beating an xrt driver with equal skill 4 out of 5 times if there is no restriction for the fxo.

You don't even have to bet money on skilled drivers,as in my last visit in Ford's server,I was setting fastest laps of the race with FXO where in unrestricted TBO race most of the top drivers were driving either XRT or RB4. Come on,TBOs aren't even near to my skill level,I can't really drive them for $#!t...

PS. You could throw the LX4 also in party with slight restriction,allthough it would suck in fast tracks...
Speaking from experience in STCC, which never used any restriction (AFAIK, it was a long time ago) was that it took alien speed XRT's to be able to win over an average to quick FXO driver. The RB4 never ever stood a chance against the XRT and FXO other than on the 2 rally events, and even then the FXO was better than expected at FE RallyX (XRT was useless at RallyX).

It took genuinely alien drivers to even be midfield in the RB4. Only one or 2 drivers were able to keep pace in the RB4. I was not one of those people
We have been racing tonight, and i must admit, the Rb4 finished in the top 2 so go figure

Obviosuly it depended on tracks, but this was Aston Club

So there is potential there, and as people have said, it depends on driver experience and control, same as XFG and XRG on Blackwood I guess

Regards

Shaun
Okay so let me get this straight. Is the server up and if it is, under what name can I find it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG