"RUSH" Ron Howards new movie about F1
Fast and the Furious 1970?
I'd say this one is a must-see movie
Trailer already makes me fell asleep.
Ill watch it.
Driven 2
#8 - JJ72
Good trailer, but the name....stop using Codemaster's four letter system. "p
anoybody taking bets on how many gears those movie cars will have? imma gonna guess at least 14
Its not a documentry so don't expect it to be hardcore realism racing usually requires a bit of glorification to make it action movie worthy, but in saying that i expect it to be proper on the most part, none of this going sideways and hitting coins to gain time crap like on driven.
Its not a documentary, but it's close to one. It's based on the rivalry between niki lauda and james hunt.
I suspect this is the kind of movie that the general public and critics will love, but die hard fans will hate because Lauda's 312T2 is clearly running the original 312T wing when it should be running the T2 wing.

You know we're going to lose it other that kind of stuff.
Quote from Rappa Z :I suspect this is the kind of movie that the general public and critics will love, but die hard fans will hate because Lauda's 312T2 is clearly running the original 312T wing when it should be running the T2 wing.

You know we're going to lose it other that kind of stuff.

The fact that they are able to get cars that are basically the originals used is close enough, if die hards are going to complain about that then they should complain about the movie being made in the first place as the drivers are not going to be original and thats the most obvious part.
#14 - aoun
I think alot of people are going to forget the definition of "based" and rate this a stupid movie.

Doesn't need to realistic in anyway, the movie is BASED on the rivalry. It could have a completely random story line but as long as its got the rivalry.
Am I the only one who thinks the guy who plays Hunt simply doesn't really fit the role?
This movie can't work (for me), because "driven" by sylvester stallone ruined racing movies irreparable and forever. Every of the racing-action scenes in the trailer inevitably reminded me of the ridiculous mess that was driven.

Thank you sylverster stallone and german film funding
Quote from Shotglass :anoybody taking bets on how many gears those movie cars will have? imma gonna guess at least 14

This, always so annoying to watch racing movies because of this. Same when watching movies where they skydive and speak while in freefall, fp.
Relax, people. It's Hollywood movie. What do you expect? Ron Howard is one of the best directors in Hollywood. I expect a thrilling movie. Also the music is composed by the great Hans Zimmer. It's not a documentary. It's a movie picture. Just face it or leave it. Yeah, there will be effects and so on, but it's just a standard thing in such type of films. As I said, it's a movie picture, so artistic interpretations are welcome. All I can say. After all, it's really nice of Ron Howard to tribute Formula One and make a dedication to all fans of this motorsport, and, also, it's better to have something to watch, instead of not havin' anything at all.

EDIT: and yeah.. I agree with Roland about Chris's role playin' Hunt. I think Chris is just in wrong business. Looks too soft. As far we know, James wasn't soft at all.
Thor go home you're drunk
Bruhl looks great as Lauda. Not sold on Hemsworth.
Quote from Jertje :Thor go home you're drunk

Said what?

Wheeeel... I canot get myself to watch this type of movies. Action movies sure, but racing / driving movies...god damnit.. It's like the cars have 48 gears, and downshifting will make it go even faster. The camera will make you think it's a guy with parkinson's attacks filming, and then the best part will be the final straight fight - just push down that pedal extra hard and he will win... then why the **** did you not do that in first place you imbreed imbecile!?
I want this to be great, but I doubt it will be. Hollywood directors only see drama in driving sequences in the things they see drama in when they drive their own cars. Things like "gassing it", and "shifting gear" (Americans still think "stick" is unusual by all accounts).
In the trailer you can see a brief glimpse of the run of the mill side-by-side sequence shot behind the camera car, it will be at too low a speed, and their relative speeds will change in a totally false way. They'll have the side on tracking shot where one car is in the lead, and then the other, and then the other. It's always the same.

At least they're wearing the proper attire, not movie friendly weird helmets that let the audience see the driver's face, so you can engage at an emotional blah.

I still want Ron Howard to make the film about the killer robot driving instructor who travels back in time for some reason. Although maybe this is that film! Lauda is "RUSH", the "Robotic Unit for Safer Highways" who travels back to the seventies for some reason, and Hemsworth does look like a talking pie.
Quote from The Very End :Said what?

Wheeeel... I canot get myself to watch this type of movies. Action movies sure, but racing / driving movies...god damnit.. It's like the cars have 48 gears, and downshifting will make it go even faster. The camera will make you think it's a guy with parkinson's attacks filming, and then the best part will be the final straight fight - just push down that pedal extra hard and he will win... then why the **** did you not do that in first place you imbreed imbecile!?

We already you know you don't like movies with 'straights' in it.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Am I the only one who thinks the guy who plays Hunt simply doesn't really fit the role?

I grew up and got addicted to F1 in Britain during the era when James Hunt was providing commentary alongside Murray Walker. At least, most of the season (I remember 3 races when he said nothing at all because he was outside the commentary box ****ing).

For me James Hunt is as much a voice as he was a blonde playboy, and I simply don't think I can stand a rendition of him that sounds so swashbucklingly American.

But the cars are beautiful, it was an eventful season, and both Hunt and Lauda were amazingly brilliant drivers. It could make for interesting viewing.

Even if the cars do have 38 gears, regularly take off, overtake more in one race than they ever did in a season in reality and spend most of their time onscreen side by side.

The reality of course, was that races in that era regularly saw top 6 finishing cars not even on the lead lap.
Quote from sinbad :I still want Ron Howard to make the film about the killer robot driving instructor who travels back in time for some reason. Although maybe this is that film! Lauda is "RUSH", the "Robotic Unit for Safer Highways" who travels back to the seventies for some reason, and Hemsworth does look like a talking pie.

Post of the year. If not for the laughs, then just for the nostalgic Simpsons tie-in.

Quote from Bose321 :We already you know you don't like movies with 'straights' in it.

Bahaha

I'm fully ready to see a "Driven 2: The Prequel" with this one, but on the other hand, I do respect Ron Howard and I do think it will be a decent movie. It will probably irritate the tits off me that Lauda's got the wrong wing on the car, but I'll try to let that die off and just enjoy it for what it is. I'm mostly curious to see how the racing scenes are handled, as the tracks are just not the same as they were back then so there must be a lot of creativity at play. Hopefully there's enough on-track action to keep it a racing movie.

"RUSH" Ron Howards new movie about F1
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG