The online racing simulator
2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
Feeling really sorry for Katherine Legge. She worked her ass off to get on the grid, introduced TrueCar to the sport, had to deal with all sort of crap in what was supposed to be a learning season, still managed to bag a solid 9th place in her final outing, and now as only reward she is basically told to **** off by her team and her sponsor, despite seemingly having a contract in place for 2013:mad:

Quote from lizardfolk :not sure if TrueCar will still continue to sponsor Legge

Considering that she's threatening for legal actions probably not...

http://pressdog.typepad.com/do ... issues-her-response-.html
Any news on whether or not Briscoe has a seat?
Quote from Gougoodthing :Any news on whether or not Briscoe has a seat?

He doesn't.

He was offered the Foyt full-time ride that went to Sato, and the RLLR part-time that went to Conway(plus, according to Marshall Pruett, a Dragon ride,possibly the onethat went to Saavedra), yet for some reason he rejected those offers. Possibly because he hoped that Penske would give him the part-time ride that went to Allmendinger if he found nothing better.

I suppose there's still a chance he might do a Indy one-off somewhere, but he has little to no budget, which will make all kind of negotations quite difficult.

He has sports cars and V8 Supercars outings scheduled for 2013, so it wouldn't suprirse me if he would leave IndyCar all together, and try to get a full-time ride somewhere else in 2014.
Quote from TFalke55 :http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105854

FIL currently only with 7 entries and the new car postponed indefinately.

Yes, unfortunately Lights is a true mess right now.

That said, it didn't prevent Josef Newgarden and Tristan Vautier from moving up, despite winning the the Lights championship against similar car counts and arguably weaker opposition than 2013.

Even though we won't see many entrants, 2013 should be good nevertheless. We will have plenty of great talents up front, with Jack Hawksworth, Gabby Chaves, Sage Karam(respectively 1st, 2nd and 3rd in last year's Star Mazda), Peter Dempsey(former Star Mazda champion) and Carlos Munos(winner at Edmonton and Fontana last year in Lights).
Fantastic qualy performance from Simona. Fingers crossed she converts it to a podium. More driving talent in her little finger than Danica ever had. So good to see her get a good car at last.

KV is not really a good car, its just a million times better then HVM.
Nice race overall, good start to the season.
Quote from Mustafur :KV is not really a good car, its just a million times better then HVM.

That's what i was getting at really... it's a bloody good car compared to the junk she has been driving.

It's a good enough car to get her some podiums this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in victory lane if she gets a bit of luck.

Great first race of the season anyway
Will Power....the unluckiest guy in motorport.
Great to see Hinch get the win.
Great effort from Simona. Shame the tyres didn't hang on for a few more laps.
If Indycar used european style ruling instead of full course caution stuff and double file restarts, Power probably would of won 95% of all the road courses he competed in since he joined Penske, however this is testiment to Indycars abilty to stop drivers dominating.
Quote from Mustafur :If Indycar used european style ruling instead of full course caution stuff and double file restarts, Power probably would of won 95% of all the road courses he competed in since he joined Penske, however this is testiment to Indycars abilty to stop drivers dominating.

That's apparently "a work in progress"? Or is Beaux Barfield basically keeping in the background to not upset the new management?

BTW here's the race to anyone who has missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNbNZhxHnXo
Quote from Mustafur :If Indycar used european style ruling instead of full course caution stuff and double file restarts, Power probably would of won 95% of all the road courses he competed in since he joined Penske, however this is testiment to Indycars abilty to stop drivers dominating.

Good point. Massive overstatement on the "95%" part, but he'd have won the championship in 2011 and 2012 for sure. Possibly in 2010 too.

Anyway. What about young Tristan Vautier? One of the biggest feel good story of 2013 so far. His career could have ended 1 or 2 years ago, but he blitzed through the Road to Indy ranks and kept his career running thanks to the scholarship money. Now he's driving IndyCars and challenging the front straight away. A bit premature to draw conclusions of course, but when was the last time we had a rookie threatening for podiums out of the box, against a truly relevant field? Scott Dixon or Sebastien Bourdais perhaps?
Really nice race today. Shaping up to be a great season!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Really nice race today. Shaping up to be a great season!

Agreed, makes me wonder if Indy will ever be healthy again.
I'm not following...
Indycar racing is fine, great racing and strong fields. Few more tweaks to the calendar and a few custom aero kits and the only thing wrong with it will be the TV ratings (save for the 500)
Ouch:
Quote :From John Oreovicz of ESPN: @IndyOreo 18m
A 0.18 final rating for IndyCar @BarberMotorPark broadcast basically means more people will ATTEND the #Indy500 than watched Barber on TV.

Well, it can't really get any worse, can it?
Maybe if they did any ****ing advertising...

But on the other hand:

Quote :Fryer tweeted that 0.18 represents a 6% increase over ratings for the Barber race last year. Doing the math puts the 2012 Barber rating at 0.17. The number of viewers for Barber was up 16% (250,000 based on last year’s Barber viewership of 218,000). Fryer also said the average number of viewers for IndyCar races on NBC Sports Network this year so far is 328,000, up 13% from last year.

I'm glad its up, just upset its low.
Quote from PMD9409 :I'm glad its up, just upset its low.

Its not an easy road but it can get better, so long as they dont keep shooting themselves in the foot with terrible management, indy needs some consistency off track because the on track stuff is the best you can get as it is.
or maybe they should just show ALL of the races on ABC

2013 IndyCar Series
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG