The online racing simulator
How to delete LFS
(63 posts, started )
Nope it works. It pops up now and again and complains that the old T7R forum has a virus, or that it's forgotten about Windows Live Messenger, but other than that it's faultless. Maybe I just know how to set up a computer
Quote :Maybe I just know how to set up a computer

Your using a product that the guy who wrote it had so little faith in he sold the company and walked away...
lol seriously
#54 - SamH
I don't have an AV installed (except perhaps Giant Antispyware, which is pretty good at nabbing errant behaviour in IE). Every few months I might run housecall, but it never turns up anything. But then, I don't download ripped apps (I'm not a BitTorrenter, nor a P2Per) and if I don't have complete faith in the author of a product, or the product author's liability insurance status, I won't let it near my PC. I don't have a firewall either, except NAT on the router, so my PC's performance is pretty minty when all is said.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
LFS new server
i know this is abit of the subject now but i am just wondered how do i set up my own server and keep it on master server on demo. also how to get there attension to the server.

Thanks
...and yet system drives are the ones you want defragmented. Data drive fragmentation is gonna have virtually no effect on performance at all.
Unless your into video, in which case the fragmentation on your hard disk becomes the single most important defining aspect of the speed of your machine. Along with just how many drivers are in your RAID stack that is.

Then of course there's all those applications in between...

But who am I to argue, the last time I could be bothered to defrag was several years ago. I get around the problem of system performance by buying a %£()@ fast machine.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Depends on how you organize data on HD. I have only OS on C drive, programs, games (which are being constantly deleted and installed) and other stuff are on different partitions. So C does not get fragmented easily...

I do the same thing, but doesnt c get fragmented when you drop and delete files onto the desktop? In my case my desktop is full of stuff.. but considering my pc hasn't been defragged in over a year its still pretty quick.

mad
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :Depends on how you organize data on HD. I have only OS on C drive, programs, games (which are being constantly deleted and installed) and other stuff are on different partitions. So C does not get fragmented easily...

What I mean is application performance is not going to be improved by defragmenting a data drive. You may notice a slight improvement in speed when opening very large data files but that's it.
Quote from Becky Rose :I get around the problem of system performance by buying a %£()@ fast machine.

Heheh - my philosphy exactly
Quote from BigShox :Heheh - my philosphy exactly

But that's what they want you to do
Quote from Kalev EST ::bananadea

couldn't have said it better myself
:d

How to delete LFS
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG