The online racing simulator
LFSHost.com ~ What do you want from a server host?
Intro LFSHost.com

Currently we are a two man team , Martin from the UK and Benfrom the Netherlands. We have worked on projects together in the past and as we both play the game (Ben just gifted me my own S2 Licence) , We wanted to start something new and enjoy what were doing. So we laid some plans down and brought LFSHost.com and continued to come up with features we can offer.

This is not going to be a drive by hosting company, We want to setup a dedicated LFS host that will last and people will talk about!

What will make us so different?
we are working on custom server side plug-in’s that will interact with our website allowing a lot of functionality that we haven’t seen yet. We will be working on site scripts allowing users to have custom generated images , graphs, stats , ability to search for players and keep history and much more. Thiswill all be contained within our premium feature. I don’t want to give too much away at this moment in time however we are very excited about this.

Not only will we be dedicated to just hosting live for speed servers , We are dedicated now to creating our own billing and control panel.This is because we want to keep everything simple and easy to use without all the mumbo jumbo but will have features like config editors etc..

I understand we have not given away most features we will provide but we want to see what you as the people who play thegame want out of a server?

The price is a hindering factor in most cases, a lot of peoplewant cheap but I’m afraid we will be we cant match some prices people are offering very good prices for 47 slots slots? We’re unsure of the hardware and connection onproviders that can offer this, we understand LFS could run on pretty muchanything but having 500+ slots full on a server will use a lot of bandwidth. We don’t want laggy servers we want a stable service for all users and for customers to be happy with what they’re getting, Although it is not likley to see that many players on one dedicated box. We would have a backup server aswell as a web server to take into the costs consideration

Most people host to make money , We would ideally love tomake enough to cover all our costs and then to be able to expand and put the money back in to providing more features as the costs to getting a main server, backup location and web server and if there is enough interest servers in different locations.
To the point
So the question were here to ask everyone really is

What sort of price would you expect to pay for a proper dedicated server?

what features would you like to see?
-Server Side
-Web site and Web control panel

Where are you based (so we can get a feel for location ofthe server(s))

Any idea’s that require programming and a lot of input arewelcome as we are going to be working hard for this.

We want as much information that you are looking for in a server for LFS so we have accurate data we can juggle around with

When will you be able to order servers?
This is hard to say as we’ve only started the early stages of this projectand still jotting ideas down.
We then would need time to test servers and reliability. Realistically were looking at 2 to 3 months

On the site you can add your self to the mailing list if you want to hear from us.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Martin / Ben~ LFSHost.com

Edit: Would just like to thank the mods for sorting out the previous comments , Now back top topic
Sounds good and made my attention for it ! Hope it will be something good or excellent !
-
(joordy599) DELETED by Victor : Unsollicited advertising

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG