The online racing simulator
Track Map and Telemetry
Hello my friends,

I have been looking at the GTR2 24h of le mans. I see they use a a very good program called simutills. It displays a live track map with all drivers tracked. It also has a very good telemetry out put.

Track map here
simutills website here

I think that something like this would be awesome for LFS.

Something like this would really help Race Directors. It would also help if you could define the users that are the safety car and rescue unit.

Thanks a lot,
J.Provost
I believe the LfS Remote is very similar to this, bit it would be nice to have on-screen with Replays or Live Broadcasting.
xi4n (a framework to talk to LFS over InSim/Outgauge) has a livemap plugin that is very similar to this (video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuZly5agOkM). It's still a rather developer-y tool at the moment, but it's completely open source (https://github.com/theangryangel/XI4N) - patches and pull requests are welcome - it doesn't have any customisation tools, but they could be added in theory.

There is also a camera tool in the works, but at the moment I'm not working on personal projects as I'm going through a shit tonne of paperwork for a probate, trying to hold down a job and sort the house. However in 6-8 months time when all that shit is out of the way I'll stick my head back into xi4n.
Actually, sorry I completely forgot about this. :S
Could we talk about some things at some point.
Thanks
I typically check the forum at least once a day. If you want to talk privately there are PMs

If you'd prefer more real time that gets tricky. However, I'm typically on several IRC networks (including #liveforspeed on gamesurge) 24/7, with the same nick as my forum name. If I'm AFK my away message will be set - but if you leave a message I'll get it eventually. During my working hours (8am til 6-8pm most days at the moment) I'm normally there but if I'm doing something I might not be able to respond. Outside of working hours are spotty as mentioned in my previous post, and will be for at least 6-8 months.

Failing that theres email or Skype as well, but I'll send that via PM if you really want it.
I'm also open to help in some capacity. I have some experience with XI4N, and I have some experience with how all the InSim stuff fits together.
I think that it would be good if we could define what car number is used by which username(s). Like if in single OR multiple driver(s) in one car.
Ye basically but for teams to view there own drivers like the simtools one. Not sure if that makes any sense.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG