The online racing simulator
F1 manager game for 2013 season
(33 posts, started )

This season is cancelled. The chosen manager game is not going to do a 2013 season after all. Check out https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1786762 for an alternative.

Formula 1 Race Manager 2013 begins!

http://f1fantasy.espnstar.com/default.aspx/
Possible to win up to 2500$ in prizes and don't forget special bragging rights for our own mini-league players!

The 6th year of LFS F1 manager game starts! We have won this competition 2 times out of our 6 tries and for this year there are some big changes. New site and hopefully even better and more exciting manager season for our F1 fans!

NOTICE: The season starts 17th of this month!

Prizes:
The 2013 F1 season will be broken down into 4 mini-competitions as well as the overall season competition. The highest scoring manager at the end of each mini-competition will win US $500 and the overall winner at the end of the 2013 season also wins 500$!

How does it work:
The game is free. It doesn't take much time and it adds A LOT of excitement into watching the races. You will be cheering up for drivers and teams you hardly cared about before this. Especially the mid pack and the cars and battles on the back end of the grid will suddenly become very interesting.

The idea of the game is to build as good team as you can with the starting money. You can make changes as the season progresses and even if you get it wrong in the beginning the season is not lost because the full 2013 F1 season is divided into 4 separate mini-competitions. Between each race you can make 3 changes to your team. You do not earn money but the prices will change depending on race results.

This really does make watching the races more fun and enjoyable. Even if your favourite team or drivers are out of the race it is still exciting to see where your "F1 manager team" ends up in the race and qualifying sessions. Plus beating your most or least favourite LFS forum poster is definitely another plus!

To get going:
1. Register on the site: http://f1fantasy.espnstar.com
2. Go to this address: http://f1fantasy.espnstar.com/ ... ?page=league&id=12185 and join our leagues using the following info:
League name: LFS BF1 2013
League password: scirocco2008

Or alternatively:
Go to http://f1fantasy.espnstar.com
League > Join league > Click the Join mini-league button and enter the mini-league name and password.

Small how-to
Short version.
- Make sure you have a full team, 4 drivers, engine and 2 constructors.
- Notice that while the game allows you to create 5 teams you should only enter one team for our lfs mini-league
- read the rules: http://f1fantasy.espnstar.com/default.aspx?page=rules
- Remember to check this thread for additional informations and tips.

Long version
- read the short version above
- try to find a balance between performance and reliability. Having one good item and all other bad ones might be good for points if that one item finishes the race. With more scattered approach you might score just as much points but again the chances are that not all those items finish the race so choose wisely.
- look at the points tables before making the team. The option to choose the best constructors from the start might be be tempting but if you look at the points, a little better driver might just get that amount of points. Updating the fuel to better is cheaper and easier later on.
- drivers score points from race AND qualifying while constructors and engine only score points from race.
- if you want to go for the win you may want to keep the results on notepad or excel
- every once in a while check this thread for new information.

Boogity boogity boogity let's go racing boys!
im in, awaiting confirmation. i find that you are able to get top drivers and top things off the go... i dont know how i feel about this
Quote from el pibe :im in, awaiting confirmation. i find that you are able to get top drivers and top things off the go... i dont know how i feel about this

Yes, you can get top drivers and other bits from the get go. But not all, you still need to find the right balance. It is different way of doing this managering thing. You do not earn money to buy better things... you just try to get the right combination for each race. Plus the season is divided into 4 mini competitions which in my opinion help a lot with luck being less important.

It also looks I need to manually accept everyone into the mini-league. I try to remember to check it maybe couple times each day but it reads on the site that it can take 24hours before the site updates the minileagues correctly.
alright!

Bring it on! :P
I registered earlier today but have not received the confirmation e-mail yet.

Waiting for it.
#6 - HVS5b
In the process of signing up the noo.

Game on
Signed up.

Note to some of you who are registering a new account: Beware, Gmail marked the activation email as Spam for me. I nearly missed it.

This game seems a bit confusing when signing up all my drivers and such to my team. Are there no money values I can see here?
Attached images
Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 12.15.32 PM.png
Quote from Tweaker :Signed up.

Note to some of you who are registering a new account: Beware, Gmail marked the activation email as Spam for me. I nearly missed it.

This game seems a bit confusing when signing up all my drivers and such to my team. Are there no money values I can see here?

"Value" is the cost in millions.

Not sure I like this one, the fun part in the last one was earning cash and gradually working your way up. I'll give it a go though..
After reading all the rules and guides to this game, it just seems far to crazy with the constant Transfer system. Am I reading it wrong or something or does this game have really strict rules on when you can change/update your team?

I did like our old manager game where it was just one simple team and their components, and locked just before qualifying. And as you said mythdat, working your way up was the part I liked too. This game seems to allow changing your team before Qualifying (Friday), and then changing your team before the race? Seems to me like constant upkeep and there will be a huge divide of people who devote day-in-and-day-out for this game and those who are casual. I mean, our previous game had people dropping after the first few races... I can only imagine that this one will require much more attentiveness to play competitively.
As the number of changes you can do during a race weekend is 3 and the way I see it you only need to do those changes during weekends if your driver or constructor gets a penalty (engine change, gearbox change etc) you want to avoid. Otherwise I really do not see any benefits to running different set of drivers and constructors for quali and then switching things for the race. I mean you can do it but I only see it worth doing if your driver gets put to the back end of the grid for the race for example.

The amount of time this takes looks kinda similar what we had last year. It just focuses a bit more heavily on race weekends (no bonus questions mid week for example). I don't really see huge benefits for those who work on this more actively. Even if you completely miss doing any changes to your team between race weekends you may not suffer at all because the way teams are put together they are always more close to each other as you do not need to make very important changes between every race. The choise to to make a change to a team is about making it different and not necessarily better.
Ill sign up, only time i did any good in one of these manage games is when i went for an all brawn team for the first race of 2009 then i never touched it again lol.
This looks cool. Ill check it out tomorrow
Let's give it a go...
Maybe I'll give a go for this too
Quote from Iginla :Maybe I'll give a go for this too

Welcome. Only one team per person though
Season starts next weekend! Still time to join!
Only 13 entries for the Sub League this year? Let's get some more! At least 20.

I hope the site has a complete update to support the 2013 season. I am still seeing remnants of the 2012 season all over the site. Only a few days left before we begin!

Also, I am entering F1 Fanatic's Predictions Championship, which is rather simple, with excellent prizes! You can even win a prize for a near perfect prediction, for just one race! I missed out on it last year because I started very late. But it's quite fun! All you need to do is predict the: Pole Time, Pole Sitter, & Positions 1-5. The closest predictions get the best points. Even if you get a slightly wrong order for finishing positions, your Pole Time and Pole prediction can help. Here is an example result. I'll be entering under the name 'tweak'.
Sorry guys, but I'll skip this season.

I lost the confirmation mail (probably deleted in the spam mess) and I just can't seem to find the motivation to register again with another email. I didn't like the way this one does things as well. No offense meant, I know you guys did your best.

Have fun!
Just joined. Weird system, but let's see how it goes.
#20 - Xone
hm they want my mobilephone number
Quote from Xone :hm they want my mobilephone number

Just because they ask it does not mean you should give it
I think I am just going to stick to prediction games this season. I don't think I'll be playing this manager game. Sorry.

As I said in an earlier post, I will be playing F1 Fanatic's Prediction Championship and I also just got wind of this one: Castrol EDGE Grand Prix Predictor -- It is professionally run by Autosport... and it has private leagues! Screenshot below of the prediction system. If you join, there is a league called #F1 on Twitter which has a good count so far. Here is the join link.

Reason I want to go this route is because these sites seem more devoted. They supply stats and interesting reads that support the game throughout the season. The sites also work well, and are not poorly made... Something I care a lot about. Took me 30 secs to sign up, and did not require my phone number or address
Attached images
cap1781.jpg
still no updates to espn !
Still no points. I did send some question using their site "contact me" form. Hopefully they respond but this looks kinda rediculous...
Quote from Hyperactive :Still no points. I did send some question using their site "contact me" form. Hopefully they respond but this looks kinda rediculous...

Well... thanks for trying to organise this again but it doesn't look like this site is gonna work out this year

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG