The online racing simulator
The NB Miata
(41 posts, started )
The NB Miata
i have an NB Miata. Have heard way too many times that the NB miata is a hair dresser's car, or it is not a sports car. All I have to say about that, is that ignorance is only bliss until you are proven wrong.

Drive an miata with a stick shift, then say it isn't a sports car. I bet you will change your mind.

It's RWD, and is light weight (around 2300 pounds) and can pull .9 g's on the skidpad

English automotive critic Jeremy Clarkson says:
The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value. Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14.
#2 - doyal
You forgot uber slow in a straight line! other than that I agree.
it's called mazda MX-5 and what tha fack is stick shift?
Quote from doyal :You forgot uber slow in a straight line! other than that I agree.

im more into fun than straight line speed, besides its still faster and more fun than a civic.

strap a good turbo kit on for around 250 hp and you will fly.
Quote from -NightFly- :it's called mazda MX-5 and what tha fack is stick shift?

cant tell if trolling or just really foreign...
Quote from FlyingBus :cant tell if trolling or just really foreign...

First of all, what is exactly a stick shift? Automatic has a stick as well... Did you mean manual?
Quote from nikopdr :First of all, what is exactly a stick shift? Automatic has a stick as well... Did you mean manual?

Yes, in america manual is commonly referred to as stick shift
Most raced car in the world and is track ready with only a few minor upgrades. So it wins value for money by miles and for the lack of straight line speed it takes back under braking and cornering
Quote from FlyingBus :
Drive an miata with a stick shift, then say it isn't a sports car. I bet you will change your mind.

Dump trucks have "stick shift", say that those aren't sports cars.

Quote from FlyingBus :
It's RWD

Then again, dump trucks are RWD too.

Quote from FlyingBus :
English automotive critic Jeremy Clarkson says:

They also said in Top gear that Lotus Elan M100 is better because it's fwd etc.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Dump trucks have "stick shift"

My boss has a Smart car. She tells people she drives a two-seat, mid-engined, RWD Mercedes.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Dump trucks have "stick shift", say that those aren't sports cars.

whats the point comparing a miata and a truck ? never driven one don't coment on it. My bmw drives like crap compared to the miata
one of these days youll make a thread that has a point to it
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Dump trucks have "stick shift", say that those aren't sports cars.

They also said in Top gear that Lotus Elan M100 is better because it's fwd etc.

are dump trucks 2300 pounds? nope.avi
Quote from Shotglass :one of these days youll make a thread that has a point to it

WHAT WAS THE POINT IN POSTING THAT? lel
#17 - Jakg
Quote from FlyingBus :are dump trucks 2300 pounds? nope.avi

I have no idea how much 2300 pig snouts in KG is.

Quote from mblixt :whats the point comparing a miata and a truck ? never driven one don't coment on it. My bmw drives like crap compared to the miata

I'm not saying that MX-5 is a bad car, but the points he brought out are just stupid.
Well, Zaz 968 weights 720 kg's.
It is also RWD and "stick shift", but is better because it's engine is in the rear, it's just like a porsche 911.
AND most importantly, it has a hole in the floor for ice fishing!
American car magazines seem to think handling test = g-force test. They love driving round in circles to find out how much lateral grip there is. Buy some semi-slick tyres and you'll improve the handling!
Not.

I can't imagine an American manufacturer doing what Toyota did with the gt86 and intentionally reducing its grip level, or indeed what Mazda did with the NC Eunos Roadster/mx5/miata.

If you're not racing it fit some crap tyres on your Miata, you'll have way more fun, even if you don't corner as quickly.
And even on shit tyres you'll stop in half the distance that a Econobox (or 'sporty' derivatives) car on good tyres manages.

The GT86 is pretty much the only car made since the MX-5/Miata that I'm interested in. Bit new and expensive for me at the moment, but when it's 7 years old.......
Quote from sinbad :American car magazines seem to think handling test = g-force test. They love driving round in circles to find out how much lateral grip there is. Buy some semi-slick tyres and you'll improve the handling!
Not.

I can't imagine an American manufacturer doing what Toyota did with the gt86 and intentionally reducing its grip level, or indeed what Mazda did with the NC Eunos Roadster/mx5/miata.

If you're not racing it fit some crap tyres on your Miata, you'll have way more fun, even if you don't corner as quickly.

pontiac solstice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6nV12oMIm4
#25 - JJ72
The solstice isn't on the same level in raw feeling and communication yet, not even the NC is on the same level as NA/NBs.

The NB Miata
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG