The online racing simulator
repeating update/unlock
(6 posts, started )
#1 - m4ccy
repeating update/unlock
I have 2 copies of my lfs installation, 1 which I have setup for g27 use, another I have for mouse use.

The mouse use copy I have updated to 6e and unlocked again accordingly.

However every time i go back to that install and start that copy of lfs, it asks for my unlock again, then asks for the update again, then asks for the unlock again...

All done, i can get online and drive.

Next time I start that copy I have to do it all again.

I do not understand why the patch I have now installed several times, seems to want installing again and again forcing me to use more unlocks.

Anybody have any ideas?

The g27 copy does not give this problem.
Run LFS as administrator, unlock the game, reboot your computer.

These steps should solve your ploblem.

Are you hibernating your computer instead of shutting it down?
#3 - m4ccy
I always fully shutdown the unit, never hibernate.
I am running windows XP pro.
#4 - Nilex
Try this:
go into lfs g27/data/misc folder and copy these three files
f1.xyz
f2.xyz
f3.xyz
into lfs mouse/data/misc folder, replace em. Those 3 files alone contain unlock info. The reasoning is to put working unlock in place of broken one.
If that don't work then check if all three files from mouse folder aren't perhaps set to read-only. In fact, before everything else check if lfs mouse folder and all sub-folders and all files aren't read-only. If they are remove that.
Quote : I have 2 copies of my lfs installation, 1 which I have setup for g27 use, another I have for mouse use.

I think 2 installs is not needed, in LFS you can create multiple profiles in options -> drivers.
Maybe make one named "mouse" and one named "wheel"?
Quote from Gutholz :I think 2 installs is not needed, in LFS you can create multiple profiles in options -> drivers.
Maybe make one named "mouse" and one named "wheel"?

Needed or not, there should be no problem doing what he wants.

I have Three installations of LFS unlocked and ready. One for the newest patch, one with mods and one that i rarely use tho.

repeating update/unlock
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG