The online racing simulator
Worry About Improvements....
(19 posts, started )
Looking at the mighty "Improvement Log" thread, I am beggining to wonder.
Firstly not about whats in it, engine temp will be cool and the breakable bits will also be wiked, but its that some people want just too much. Im worried that if, say 75% of stuff marked with "+", gets put on the game, Im worried it will become to daunting and complicated.
GT4 was made in what? 2 years In think, and that didnt have all the funky stuff..Im not saying that I dont want this decent stuff. I do, but I am worried if we get to carried away, then it will all go horribly, well, complicated
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
GT4 began its process as soon as the PS2 came out.. so thats.. what.. 7 years, not 2

actually.. it really began work before the PS2 was sold publicly so..
the whole time GT3 was being worked on, they had people behind the scenes working on GT4 and GT prototype

learned that on "game makers" on G4, its quite a good show!
Yep, there are a lot of racing "simulators" over there but none of them are so real as they could be. So more real = more complicated (life is).
Don't worry, as long as it's physics and performance improvements, it can't be bad for LFS. As far as I'm concerned, the eye candy bits can wait for the beta version of LFS IF more fundamental and crucial the perfromance and physics issues are ironed out by the end of the Alpha stage.
yes but you have to keep in mind that the term "simulator" is a game genre; it just creates instances that you could experience in the real world; LFS here is NOT in the genre of simulator, its in its own real life simulation genre, people need to get that into their heads that simulators.. simulate things that aren't necesarily capable of doing on an everyday basis.. such as X Plane, how often do you get to fly into space? few times? .....yea i thought so lol

my guess as to how long LFS will take, i will give it another 3 years until the devs have it where they want it, then another year or two just tweaking everything and getting it ready for long term use

edit- bah jamex you got in before me; the reason why i worry about graphics (and im the few that do) is because thats what sells, and in the end i PROMISE you thats what the devs want to do, sell enough to make a living off the game for a little while, and if the game looks like it was made in the mid 90's (which it currently can resemble a few games out there).. i wouldn't expect to many people to buy it
Getting a ton of eye candy is simply a matter of adding a lot of detail a serious driver might never notice, such as tiny dust particles on your windsecreen. So far, only LFS has gone so close o getting the car physics right. With a strong physics core, one only needs to add a LOT of extra details and force all LFS players to use the most EXPENSIVE graphics cards in existance.

The current NFS series is the exact opposite of LFS. Pure eye candy and no good driving. Yes, they sell massively, but they're marketed to kids and immature teens or adults (in automotive terms that is) who want arcady wall riding crash or pay my way to the top junk. Drifting Honda Civics? In the spirit of a simpson episode:

"Guys, in LFS, we obey the laws of Newtonian mechanics!"

"Lisa, in this house we obey the second law of thermodynamics!"

What LFS really needs now is more exposure to people seeking good simulations of race driving.
First, I think guys wouldnt be devs if they couldnt decide on their "what to do" priority list.

Second, as far as it is easy-to-use on the user side you cant call it too complicated.

edit: @jamexing: you just beat me on that thought :mad:
Well, at least it doesn't suffer as many RANDOM CRASHES as windows!
@jamex; lol you cant even buy a civic in the latest NFS'

and its not necesarily the complete opposite, there are a few realistic aspects of them in some cases; but thats not the point, the game is a consumer buy and used to make a ton of money.. which obviously its succeeding quite well

so really.. if LFS wants to succeed, its going to have to at least look similar to GTR at this point (keep in mind, the most realistic [edit - looking ] game out there is PGR3)
lfs just needs to step up its game in the graphics department in S3
I think one of the things that made GT4 take so long is the number of cars, and the IRL testing they did on the cars.
oh no doubt; but the programming started along with GT3, so they worked on both projects simultaneously
Quote from XCNuse :the most realistic game out there is PGR3

What the hell?
That just begs to be guoted, really.

And for the thread starter: FFS make your pathetic signature smaller, please.

And to topic, No worries, devs know what they are doing, and this is a totally useless thread.
Quote from XCNuse :@jamex; lol you cant even buy a civic in the latest NFS'

and its not necesarily the complete opposite, there are a few realistic aspects of them in some cases; but thats not the point, the game is a consumer buy and used to make a ton of money.. which obviously its succeeding quite well

so really.. if LFS wants to succeed, its going to have to at least look similar to GTR at this point (keep in mind, the most realistic game out there is PGR3)
lfs just needs to step up its game in the graphics department in S3

I was talking about NFS:U, not thr latest version.
sorry sorry, let me edit that, i meant most realistic looking game is PGR3

i was talking about looks so.. dunno, i guess it slipped my mind to type looking
I played PGR3 many times, and feel that it seems very disconnected, like its just a game, but luv the interior views...LFS... take some not, we want interiors like dat ^__^
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I played PGR3 many times, and feel that it seems very disconnected, like its just a game, but luv the interior views...LFS... take some not, we want interiors like dat ^__^

I have fallen in love with the int views too!! :jawdrop:
Ok, I thought you could have been thinking the looks. But for a moment I thought you had totally lost your mind
But making candy to happen and shine in x360 is much easier than with PCs, just because PCs are unique greatures. And consoles, well, gray copies of eacother
Quote from Blackout :Ok, I thought you could have been thinking the looks. But for a moment I thought you had totally lost your mind

Erm... What did you say lol
That was for nuse

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG