The online racing simulator
lol yep, that's not great. The Jitter is quite good actually.
I'm sorry but I don't go into detail here. If you have complaints you can go to the official forum dedicated to these privately operated servers.
Quote from cargame.nl :I'm sorry but I don't go into detail here. If you have complaints you can go to the official forum dedicated to these privately operated servers.

as i posted in your forum

if your decition is final so be it, i will miss to race in cargame... it's really broke my heart knowing i cant race anymore in a decent and the only one multiclass s2 server

that all

back to cruise i guess... :'(
Hmnm strange. Inovua is not the worst when it comes to ping. This is just an very easy and rushed sollution for the problems Dave, and you know it too
Ping is important, but the driver itself is much more important.

Rather start looking at the driving standard of the drivers, instead of their ping bars.
Quote from troy :I do agree on the "this is his server and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it" but still it is a problematic decision in a time where there isn't 6 other full servers to choose from in the masterlist. If you get banned/blocked/whatever from cargame servers you're pretty much screwed when it comes to public racing, that isn't cargames fault of course but the situation should be taken into consideration when applying such drastic measures.

edit: Just to add some more on the ping statement, yes pings can be high from people further away but that doesn't mean that you'll get more crashes because of them, it could probably even be the other way around if you see somebody with a ping of 150ms you naturally drive a little more careful around him, at least I would like to think you do. Just check the countless endurance events/leagues with people racing from all over the world, if your connection is stable and you got no package loss it is easily possible to race close with a ping exceeding 200ms.

Good post.

Surprising decision really, cargame has a considerable amount of flaws but I never felt that American/Asian/Oceanian people's lag was an issue at all.

If my memory serves, this is the first time I've heard of a ping-related geographic ban in all simracing. If this was at least for Oceania I could understand... But South America... Harsh.

For sure it is a quick, easy fix with immediate results. But does it really answer the main problematic? And are the benefits really worth the consequences? I think not. But then it's not my server, so it's not my call really, guess I(we) just have to respect the decision and live with it.
Seems kinda off imo. Lagging drivers isn't really an issue I've struggled with in cargame. Surely if a driver is lagging, they will leave themselves. If they don't, thats what admins are there for, or not? Also the airio function for spectating lagging drivers etc. It seems a bit weird to me. The nature of what cargame is, with cars with huge speed differences - causes most of the crashes on cargame, along with normal racing mistakes. Now and then its added to by lag, but its far from the biggest issue.

But yeah, it's not our server to decide how its ran. It's just sad to see people who don't really cause too many issues stopped from doing the main thing they do in LFS.
Inouva, just use some European proxy server and tell Dave you moved to Europe just because of cargame
Quote from IsaacPrice :Seems kinda off imo. Lagging drivers isn't really an issue I've struggled with in cargame. Surely if a driver is lagging, they will leave themselves. If they don't, thats what admins are there for, or not? Also the airio function for spectating lagging drivers etc. It seems a bit weird to me. The nature of what cargame is, with cars with huge speed differences - causes most of the crashes on cargame, along with normal racing mistakes. Now and then its added to by lag, but its far from the biggest issue.

But yeah, it's not our server to decide how its ran. It's just sad to see people who don't really cause too many issues stopped from doing the main thing they do in LFS.

Well said. I would not say wrecks are caused by lag. Sure some are but if they are lagging that bad have them auto spectated. Thats the solution I would use
At this point, my beloved teammate Sorin from CG can't really participate either =D. Mainly because his latency is sometimes horrible aaaaaand he's from Romania.

I, as an CG member, can't really say anything about it. We each got different opinions on this one. I would rather say that people with troublematic latency shouldn't really mess the race for others and the admins just should keep an eye on the peeps who have problems with the latency.

I would also like to mention that many, many Americans [for example, LLM guys] don't seem to have a problem with the latency at all. Even at the big racing leagues I haven't encountered any PING problems from them. Rather, I would say, UK peeps have worse latency than 'em peeps from USA.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Sure some are but if they are lagging that bad have them auto spectated. Thats the solution I would use

Sadly thats no solution.

Currently it's only possible from the InSim system to get a CCI_LAG flag which only starts to show up when somebody is lagging for over 1 second.

Most people who are causing problems stay well below that threshold (250 - 800ms range).

Banning continents which are considered too far away is not really a fix, it's only an attempt to make problems less worse. The west coast of the US has exactly the same problem but luckily there are not many people which race LFS publicly. They probably do some Iracing where they have a better global server management.
Quote from cargame.nl :They probably do some Iracing where they have a better global server management.

Hardly, everything is just run on the US server (unless there's enough Aussies, in which case they get their own servers). It's annoying as hell when everyone has over 100 ping, when there are EU servers they can use, but don't.
If you live somewhere that gets bad ping to an LFS server, you are going to ruin the race by connecting to it. I see nothing wrong with cargame.nl trying to make their servers better for the MAJORITY of people who can connect to it just fine; you can't please everyone. If lag crashes are a problem for their servers, there's not too much else they can do. I see plenty of Latin and South American servers, whether they be Brazilian, or Argentinian, etc.

Claiming racism is despicable and I think that if it were my decision, I'd have banned you just for making such a goofy accusation to begin with. Who knows; I understand that there are not quite as many servers to play on, but if you can manage to find time to hop on during peak hours (i.e. 7-8pm GMT, 2-3PM EST), you can find PLENTY of full servers to race on. Even ones with S2 content.

EDIT: Man, this sounds harsh. I dunno, but the whole "racism" thing just really got under my skin.
The funny thing about this talking about lag crashes is that i normally have a ping of 250 ms since my first race on LFS, had some close/contact races and NEVER had a problem with lag that wasn't about my bad PC (or lack of ability with the S2 cars =P) and if i had, was someone who was "blinking" and threw me away in a contact...

Sometimes (a lot of times) is not the ping, its the driver, where i honestly think that Inouva (and some other drivers too) are good enough to handle those 100 extra ms that "can ruin a entire race" according to some...

Anyway, like others said, the server is not mine, what dave does in his server is his own business and i respect it...
Oh yes your bad PC. You are the one which finds 12 FPS totally acceptable .

12 FPS, 250ms or anything which jitters with more then 20ms is not acceptable. There is one tiny line between Latin America and Europe and it's called Atlantis-2 its from 1999 and it sucks. 40 Gbps, it's absolutely hilarious. I'm sorry but Latin America is the worst connected continent in the whole internet world and at the moment nothing can be done about that.
#41 - Xone
Quote from MadCatX :West California:

Buenos Aires:

Los Angeles, California

Argentina

Frankfurt, Germany

I rarely notice a driver lagging at all these days. I respect the rights of the host to do as they please, but it's a shame that there aren't more hosts overall and considering that, I can see why someone who is banned and has a good enough connection would be upset.
is ok, i lost my motivation to keep racing on lfs...
Aww. The cumminity will miss you.

Are there not any local servers?
Quote from Inouva :is ok, i lost my motivation to keep racing on lfs...

You do realize,that LFS has more to offer then 1 public server? Of course it doesn't offer anything else currently if you're interested only in 20+ racers online public multiclass server. How about trying leagues?
Quote from Inouva :is ok, i lost my motivation to keep racing on lfs...

Imagine if Dave had said that after his problems with (IHR), this discussion wouldn't even be happening.
Quote from MousemanLV :At this point, my beloved teammate Sorin from CG can't really participate either =D. Mainly because his latency is sometimes horrible aaaaaand he's from Romania.

I, as an CG member, can't really say anything about it. We each got different opinions on this one. I would rather say that people with troublematic latency shouldn't really mess the race for others and the admins just should keep an eye on the peeps who have problems with the latency.

I would also like to mention that many, many Americans [for example, LLM guys] don't seem to have a problem with the latency at all. Even at the big racing leagues I haven't encountered any PING problems from them. Rather, I would say, UK peeps have worse latency than 'em peeps from USA.

Public server attracts hard racing (which is usually unsafe) hence why most wrecks are caused. I dont even frequent cgnl except on std or gt2 days because i usually get hit up the arse by faster cars. Tbh i miss ihr
Quote from Bose321 :Aww. The cumminity will miss you.
Are there not any local servers?

There are, but are demo and demo is boring...

Quote from Eclipsed :You do realize,that LFS has more to offer then 1 public server? Of course it doesn't offer anything else currently if you're interested only in 20+ racers online public multiclass server. How about trying leagues?

I dont have time to dive into a league...
Are there enough LA racers to try for your own multiclass server? (See earlier suggestion - I doubt Dave would be too keen to manage it, but you might twist his arm into helping you to set it up...)
I'm having my doubts that there are enough Latin American based public racers to maintain a daily populated server. Most already left LFS. GridLFS is as far as I know also more dead then alive.

During busy times I don't want to act as some world collection of last knights of LFS. Every experienced gamer knows that if you throw these kind of mix of connections together in a realtime game that it ends up in disaster. Problem is that with FPS (firstpersonshooter) related games the person who is having a low quality server connection suffers the most... Sadly in racing it's different.

Two, three others suffer.. And eventually leave too... End result; even less people.

Cargame.nl s2 block all latin america
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG