The online racing simulator
Old LFS Setup Format
(8 posts, started )
Old LFS Setup Format
Hi Guys:

Really really obscure request: I'm trying to hunt down the Setup file format for really old versions (0.2 and 0.3) of LFS. The reason is because IIRC, there was a bug in old LFS that allowed negative handbrake strength values (thus creating a boost on handbrake).

The only things I can find would be on RSC, but that's been dead for what feels like a decade now.

Thanks,
You'd have to get the old binary and reverse engineer, unless scawen cares to shed some light on the subject.
The format used to be posted on RSC. LFS Manual has an old version, but not old enough. The usual Wayback Machine had nothing either.

Possibly someone might have it kicking around. Failing that, I guess reverse engineer is the only choice.
Unless I'm mistaken from what I remember the format wasn't that much different from what the current version is. Just some fields removed. I know that's not definitive, but hopefully helpful.
Wouldn't that format be integrated with the old game versions found here?
Karl: It's funny.. it's handbrake force, which is like.. the 1 thing that got removed from LFS's setups with S2 I think. :P I was just more wondering if anyone still had a description of the format still kicking around. failing that, I'll figure it out myself then.
I did have a look, but sadly not Probably wiped it years ago. Bob might have it to hand if he's still got an old version of his setup tool source. Failing that netzob might make your life easy - I've never had a reason to run a file through it yet, only nework communications so ymmv
This is so bad that this was the kind of stuff I was doing while trying to procrastinate from doing real work.

Old LFS Setup Format
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG