The online racing simulator
My Custom Sim Cockpit
(14 posts, started )
My Custom Sim Cockpit
Hello everyone,

In the last week me and my grandfather spent sometime building a custom sim cockpit for me out of wood. This took about 3 days to put together (12 hours ish) and 6 days in total for 2 coats of paint and 2 coats of laquer. The wood and paint and laquer cost about 150 USD and the Seat (John Deere Tractor) about 70 USD.

Tools needed/suggested: Skillsaw, JigSaw, Paint brushes, bolts, screws, a drill.

The cockpit is about 4 feet long and 2 wide (will need to check these measurments)

If anyone wants to know how to make this just PM me and I'll try and help you with the blueprints.
Attached images
100_0504.JPG
100_0503.JPG
100_0498.JPG
100_0502.JPG
What a nice young fellow u seem to be
Thumbs up for your grandpa
it looks a bit funny, but while u feel comfortable in it - rock the race

P.S i hope someone understood what i meant. cause sometimes it`s not easy to interpret from Latvian to English, keeping the thought

P.P.S Is it possible to understand what i mean in P.S ?
it was nice for me to he was out of the house for a while . its a bit small for me to fit in but pretty comfortable. (were brothers)
I'm 15 :P

And yes I can understand you.

Mustang seat is adjustable if you undo bolts so :P
Not bad! should have painted it black
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins
Little update to my cockpit. New monitor... tv... Got it from my grandmothers house month or 2 ago as she is moving this summer and wanted rid of extra stuff.
http://twitter.com/Mustangman7 ... 78893979666362369/photo/1

Ive also since had t remove about 6 inches of the deck lid and might need to remove the rest as I seem to have grown to be 6 foot and was not anywhere near that tall 3 years ago.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Little update to my cockpit. New monitor... tv... Got it from my grandmothers house month or 2 ago as she is moving this summer and wanted rid of extra stuff.
http://twitter.com/Mustangman7 ... 78893979666362369/photo/1

Ive also since had t remove about 6 inches of the deck lid and might need to remove the rest as I seem to have grown to be 6 foot and was not anywhere near that tall 3 years ago.

Racing with roof cam and racing line. Makes the rest of us look weak compared to that hardcore view settings.
race line only when learning a track. it only slows you down otherwise.

And there's nothing wrong with roof cam. I have a cockpit and wheel in front of me, why do I need to see the ingame one too.
Simple.

How many drivers sit on the roof to drive?

I would say that without a real gauge clister, the roof cam isn't a suitable alternative.. but the roof cam is never an alternative. Bonnet/hood cam MAYBE MAYBE if you had a real gauge cluster.. but you'd need 2 more displays to create a surround setup and then a hood cam might be okay.
Exactly. I don't have 2 displays lol. So I sit a bit higher in the car.
That wasn't really my point...
My point is, I can see the side of my car better.
You should mount that shifter down in waist level.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Simple.

How many drivers sit on the roof to drive?

I would say that without a real gauge clister, the roof cam isn't a suitable alternative.. but the roof cam is never an alternative. Bonnet/hood cam MAYBE MAYBE if you had a real gauge cluster.. but you'd need 2 more displays to create a surround setup and then a hood cam might be okay.

lol? How many drivers sit on the hood to drive? The roof is the same as the hood just being higher and somewhat above the driver. On a single monitor it gives you the chance to see what is slightly beside you, which is very important. Also I've never see a "hood cam" in a singleseater. The cam is almost always behind the wheel, above the driver or behind the vehicle. What's the difference when using a road car?

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zavsd6etz_Q

My Custom Sim Cockpit
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG