The online racing simulator
C# - Can i anyone help me with InSim's
Guys, i have tested many InSim's alot of them but most of them bugged can anyone give me InSim without any BUG ?

even without 1 BUG pls and iam so thankful for him and for other helpers and thank you ....
Hi Honza:

Your request is incredibly vague. InSim is just the protocol that LFS uses to communicate with client/server applications. Common applications that use InSim to connect with LFS are a Cruise application or a Points system.

Other protocols that LFS offer are OutGauge and OutSim for physical gauges and for motion simulators.

Also, no software is without bugs. Software that is tested for years and years still has bugs and faults. Some software less than others. To ask that of a free piece of software is incredibly ambitious. Companies worth billions of dollars don't have bug-free software.
man, i didnt ask for Windows 8 Codes or i asked Scawen for LFS Codes i just asked InSim with open sources with 1 BUG (see i didnt ask without any BUG just put 1 BUg) so i need InSim with open sources and iam old coder but dont know how to code new InSim just give me InSim without any BUG got some features and i can make it the BEST but
Please don't call cruise server applications InSims, it's confusing. InSim is an interface operating over TCP/IP which allows external applications to talk to LFS. You can use it for whatever you wish, a cruise server is just one of many examples.

It has been my observation that code quality of cruise server applications is not very good. Only few cruise server applications are open source (mostly because an angry programmer leaked the source to piss off his mates etc.) and those that are are quite outdated. I'm afraid that the only way to get a bug free cruise server app is to write one yourself...
I have sneaking a suspicion a deaf ear will be turned to your sensible replies
Quote from hyntty :I have sneaking a suspicion a deaf ear will be turned to your sensible replies

Well, nobody can fault me (us) for trying to be helpful.
It's sad when there are good alternatives out there, that no one wants to use.
give me some 1-5 examples if there is alternatives
I think (at least) one of the alternatives that Dygear was referring to would be to write what application you're looking for in PRISM, an environment for writing plugins that connect to LFS over Insim. It's in PHP, which is much easie than C#.

It still requires a knowledge of programming all the systems you'd like in your Insim application.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think (at least) one of the alternatives that Dygear was referring to would be to write what application you're looking for in PRISM, an environment for writing plugins that connect to LFS over Insim. It's in PHP, which is much easie than C#.

It still requires a knowledge of programming all the systems you'd like in your Insim application.

I recently switched over to InSim.NET and i must say its really simple to use.

@HonzaQ4
IMO id start with InSim.NET, you cant just "ask" for an insim you have to learn like the rest of us, i started with the original LFS_External Example and worked my way up, that was in 2009, but now that LFS_External is no longer supported by LFS, i finnaly made the switch to Insim.NET and everything is alot better.
Different strokes I guess. I'd find PHP to be an easier language because you need to worry significantly less about types while coding. That said, I don't know PRISMs actual style to write plugins (yet), but I would presume PHP to be easier than C#.
Quote from chrizza132 :I recently switched over to InSim.NET and i must say its really simple to use.

@HonzaQ4
IMO id start with InSim.NET, you cant just "ask" for an insim you have to learn like the rest of us, i started with the original LFS_External Example and worked my way up, that was in 2009, but now that LFS_External is no longer supported by LFS, i finnaly made the switch to Insim.NET and everything is alot better.

You the way for me

i have started with InSim.NET and it's awesome like you said and i added what i want and removed what i want and now i need 1 thing from you if you answered me i will be so thankful for you

the problem with InSim.NET that i dont know how to start InSim with it if you see others InSim's alot better with sources but now i want to ask you about if i must make new Form1 and start from there by using

using System;
using InSimDotNet;
using InSimDotNet.Packets;

class Program {
static void Main() {
// Create new InSim object
InSim insim = new InSim();

// Initailize InSim
insim.Initialize(new InSimSettings {
Host = "127.0.0.1", // Host where LFS is runing
Port = 29999, // Port to connect to LFS through
Admin = String.Empty, // Optional game admin password
});

// Send message to LFS
insim.Send("/msg Hello, InSim!");

// Stop program from exiting
Console.ReadLine();
}
}

or there is file ready to start from in InSim.NET Files ??
Answer me Chrizza pls....
This simplest example from InSim.NET documentation is written as a console application. You should create a console application project in VS to make it work. Don't forget to add InSim DLL as a reference to the project.
as i understood from you i must make new file file and start from there...and make new everything like setting.txt to put there the port and ip and admin pass and i should make everything other from 0

is that right ?
Essentially yes, but it's a great learning opportunity. It will be substantially more work, but you will have a chance to avoid any design flaws the currently available cruise InSim applications have...
Oh maan!!
Quote :Essentially yes

this is my lovely sentence

this question stopped me coding InSim.NET now you have build the way for my InSim and I am so thankful for you....

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thanks.
man tell me........

what should i write in Form1 ?

like :
using InSim.NET << and others

help me pls

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG