The online racing simulator
Can't run "/insim XXXXX"
(10 posts, started )
Can't run "/insim XXXXX"
Hi there

I've been trying to run some LFS addons that requires typing the following command:
/insim 29999 or /insim=29999

Somehow, always I type that (or with any other value) it gives me an error:
InSim - TCP : bind failed (<- light red)
InSim : not initialised

My question is, what am I doing wrong? I set the DMZ but still not working, I don' know what else I can do...

All the comments are apreciated
I believe there's something running on that port already then. Try to run the netstat command.

Have you tried another port?
Reboot your computer and check if there is anything already using that port, some applications like BitTorrent clients like to choose ports randomly.
Tried the netstat command, and I can't see the port 29999 being used, and as I said, it happens with every single port/value :S
Which addon are you trying to run exactly? So i can see if it works at my PC.
Talked with him on private.

All is working and functional now.

[EDIT]

Solved it by clicking on "Start new host" , Configured it in blank without any admin password , just a random name , and when inside that created host , type /insim 29999 , and works.

That was it.

:
Thanks for telling us what you did to solve the problem, really helpful :rolleyes:
Quote from boothy :Thanks for telling us what you did to solve the problem, really helpful :rolleyes:

Solved it by clicking on "Start new host" , Configured it in blank without any admin password , just a random name , and when inside that created host , type /insim 29999 , and works.

[NOTE: Delete the programs such as BitTorrent , or BitComet , may help in the near future with any other running application which uses ports.
Also ensure you've disabled firewall and tried away before anything ]

That was it.

Well, I deleted all the useless programs allowed in the Firewall, deleted LFS and allowed it again and changed smth with the IP in LFS. Now seems it's working, hope it lasts long hehe

Thanks all the ppl who answered here
Bind failed means that the port is in use by another program. The obvious solution is to use a different port. Binding shouldn't be affected by the Windows firewall anyways (but access to/from a bound port is affected). Most torrent clients allow the user to set a range of ports, pick some other range that doesn't use your InSim port.

Can't run "/insim XXXXX"
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG