The online racing simulator
LFS Forum keeps logging me off
(29 posts, started )
yeah i fixed it after his post
Oh, so you went the SSL route for everyone yesterday huh!? That's a great step, don't really want the possibility of people hijacking my sessions.

When I first noticed it I got a mixed content warning, so I thought for a second that you where doing the DNSSEC Route. But then I realized that you got a whole SSL cert for the site. Hopefully DNSSEC will be supported better by the time you have to renew your certificate so that you can self sign the site and not have to worry paying for an SSL cert.

DNSSEC DEFCON Talk
As you mention mixed content and DNSSEC in one sentence, I must ask how do they relate?
I've never understood DNSSEC (although I've never took the time to understand it properly).

The mixed content is a concern yeah. In ie8 (higher ie's as well? don't know) you get a whole popup warning, which annoying. And it's not _really_ secure anymore then (although afaik not less secure than no ssl).

The certificate is 12 pounds or so. Hardly a burdon!
Quote from Victor :As you mention mixed content and DNSSEC in one sentence, I must ask how do they relate?

No, I thought for a second you were doing some sort of Content Delivery System. Or spreading resources across your sub-domains, but not sending them via SSL. But the error went away after a page refresh so I guess it was just a fluke.

I've been looking into DNSSEC as a cheap solution into SSL certificiates. I like that I don't have to pay anyone to secure my server, it would just work and you'd get the green bar out of it. The problem I'm having is that I need to run my own Name Servers, not something that is a bundle of fun for me.

LFS Forum keeps logging me off
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG