The online racing simulator

Poll : Penalty for hitting the Pole in boothy chicane, yes or no?

Closed since :
No, there should'nt be a penalty
Yes, there should be a penalty
#26 - IMOL
I think there shouldnt be any penalty because... Even if you hit this pole, you are in quite a danger that car can suddenly do something unexpected, and this thing itself can ruin a lap... For hitting the TIRE there should be penalty because, that is too much...
Quote from krkriv :My opinion is there should be penalty for hitting the pole in qualifying.
In race, if you do it on every lap - then there should be penalty also. Otherwise no.

Whats the reason for having this penalty? its not like only 3 cars out of the whole field can drive through the pole, every car on track can, so its everyones gain, which is no gain for certain people.
Ok just imagine this situation:

I'm going for a lap, heading to boothy chicane, cutting thru the pole... then bug strikes again(yes there is bug sometimes) - causing the car to slide and suddenly I'm loosing .2 just because buggy pole.

And you go in the same situation, but cutting like a hero there - no bug for you. Grats you've won few tenths over me.

That's my argument. Just expressing opinion. Regards
so as we have suggested, either move the pole as close to the tyre stack on the apex, or lose it all together so it has no effect on the car. I suggest putting the heaviest tyre stack on the edge so if you do clip it, you are at a disadvantage for attempting to cut.
Speedbumps. Problem solved,next!
Modifying layout so late ain't very clever idea imo.

I voted no.
As soon as you put in a "rule" regarding hitting, you then require an admin to watch that corner for 24 hours...or have someone monitoring an in-sim for 24 hours. That is its own problem. Then you have to ask what constitutes a "hit". Is it brushing it hard enough that causes it to disappear and be reset or do you have to send the post flying? If you do it by in-sim, what happens if you are fairly beside someone and they force you into the post, you then have to have an appeal/protest system for false pole hits?

In my opinion, you absolutely can not write a rule along the lines of "if you hit it a few times, you are ok...if you hit it a lot it is a penality". That will just cause a massive *poop* storm when the first penality or warning is applied, what constitutes a few, what constitutes a lot?

I think the by far easiest way to do it is to not have a rule and let the layout enforce its-self, if you can hit a post and keep going...then fine, if you go farther and brush a tire and get away with it...then fine...as soon as you cut enough, the tire bundle will punish you, maybe additional tires need to be added to make it more punishing
Quote from Eclipsed :Speedbumps. Problem solved,next!

Great idea! tyre stack followed by hump = cut & die
well I guess the aim of boothy chicane was to save everyone's damper.
the main idea was to make it act like a real chicane does.. slowing you down, significantly.
#36 - CSF
The main idea was to stop it being what ever the **** Eric thought that corner was going to be. Just stupid.
I just drove half a stint and I really found no benefit of cutting the chicane, its the same or nearly the same time, I found if you hit the tires you weren't gaining either bc of the fact that the rear end slid a bit, so really its silly to make a big deal out of this. I do believe that if someone is flinging tires lap after lap however they should be warned.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I just drove half a stint and I really found no benefit of cutting the chicane, its the same or nearly the same time, I found if you hit the tires you weren't gaining either bc of the fact that the rear end slid a bit, so really its silly to make a big deal out of this. I do believe that if someone is flinging tires lap after lap however they should be warned.

People arent making a big deal out of it because of their lap times. they dont want to have to worry about how many times they clipped the pole during their stint. If you would have been paying attention to posts and the server, youd see that boothy has been working on the chicane, without removing the pole, see if you can find the treasure
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Quote from Bmxtwins :I just drove half a stint and I really found no benefit of cutting the chicane, its the same or nearly the same time, I found if you hit the tires you weren't gaining either bc of the fact that the rear end slid a bit, so really its silly to make a big deal out of this. I do believe that if someone is flinging tires lap after lap however they should be warned.

fxr's can do it with advantage...
Quote from xtraction :fxr needs all the advantage it can get^^

their advantage is that they dont need skills to drive that car XD
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :their advantage is that they dont need skills to drive that car XD

well because its significantly slower you do actually need some talent to be quick, imo its harder than both of the other GTR's and especially at ky3
Quote from xtraction :well because its significantly slower you do actually need some talent to be quick, imo its harder than both of the other GTR's and especially at ky3

thats their problem, If it doesn affect me when they hit everything on track, then I dont care
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :thats their problem, If it doesn affect me when they hit everything on track, then I dont care

well they are more like a tank than a bus, just needs a bit more steel in it
Quote from xtraction :well they are more like a tank than a bus, just needs a bit more steel in it

when will they import the guns then?
Early 2009

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG