The online racing simulator
Improvement Suggestion: Multiple skin uploads
Hi Vic:

Modern Web browsers now support the addition of multiple file uploads in 1 POST request (without multiple upload input fields).

The actual implementation isn't super hard. On the file input, you make the name an array (so currently skindata becomes skindata[]) and add the "multiple" attribute to it.

Then on PHP, the actual getting of the skins doesn't change drastically. It breaks everything down 1 level further.

Instead of $_FILES['skindata']['name'] being a string.. it becomes an array. same with all of the other parts. Loop through the names using that key in all the other fields like size and tmp_name then validate and add the skin.

I just had the fun of uploading 19 skins and found that the process was quite arduous and knowing how simple it is to integrate multiple uploads (and they are fully backwards compatible to non-multiple upload capable browsers.. they simply accept 1 file).
also drag'n'drop would we very nice :sun:
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :also drag'n'drop would we very nice :sun:

Well in decent browsers (Chrome, Safari) you can always drag drop files onto file input fields. Windows definitely has weirdness with drag and drop however. The drag and drop API would be interesting, but definitely a lot more work for Vic. The suggestion I've offered is small HTML changes and a simple foreach in the PHP side.

Using drag and drop API and stuff like the file system API, it requires a lot more JavaScript.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well in decent browsers (Chrome, Safari) you can always drag drop files onto file input fields.

:wow: didn't know that, thanks :lovies3d:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hi Vic:

Modern Web browsers now support the addition of multiple file uploads in 1 POST request (without multiple upload input fields).

Ok, that's done.
It is now possible to upload up to 20 skins in one go.
** Best answer **
You can also drag and drop skins onto the skins window now, to upload them. There is no limit on the number of skins you can upload with drag and drop in one go (apart from your skin-slots limit of course).
Sorry to bump an old thread but I guess this is the best place to post my query as I guess it is to do with the new multi upload system.

Just trying to upload an old skin and getting the "rename your skin as this one already exists" message (something like that anyway)

Is there anyway of checking which skin is uploaded to a certain skin name, as before iirc, if the skin name already existed then aswell as that message you got a preview pic of the skinfile that was uploaded under that name.
Vic, since you done this for skins, I guess it won't be that hard to do the same for hotlaps (drag'n'drop and multiple files upload)
Yay, I found a bug! (probably)

It is not possible to upload a helmet skin drag & dropping it.

It only works when using the old uncool browse & upload method xD

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG