The online racing simulator
An Interview Dennis Lind - Motorsport Driver

I had the fantastic opportunity to interview a Professional Motorsport Driver by the name of Dennis Lind. In his career so far Dennis has achieved the Formula Ford Festival winner in 2010 and the Danish Formula Ford Champion to name a few of his winning races. Dennis has really shown his potential in the Motorsport world, last year Dennis also came second in the Danish Thundercar Championship (Camaro Cup). We had the chance to interview Dennis to discuss the development of Sim Racing and how it may benefit aspiring Motorsport Enthusiasts to pursue a Career in the Professional Motorsport Industry:

PolePositiondriver.com: Would you say that Sim Racing is a good way for anyone looking at pursuing a career as a Professional Race Driver?

Dennis Lind: Absolutely, You can almost find any track in the world as either mods or addons to various games. I’ve used this way to practice many times before races especially if testing was limited.

PolePositiondriver.com: What aspects of Sim Racing prepare someone to real life racing?

Dennis Lind: On a very detailed simulation title such as like iRacing or rFactor PRO, you can get quite a lot of references of where things are such like braking points, where the curbs are and even which areas of the track surface contain more rough patches.

PolePositiondriver.com: What is it in particular that you enjoy so much about Racing in real life?

Dennis Lind: I think it’s the funniest thing you can do behind bars. Jokes aside, I think it’s the nonstop action. You really have to gather your mind for the task, it’s not something you just ‘do’ as you tie your shoes, and you can always improve in racing, and that is what drives me. Its the same for Sim-Racing, to always stay in competition takes a great amount of time. The sensation of being one of the best at what you do is definitely what drives me and is what keeps me going.

PolePositionDriver.Com: It is said that quite a few motorsport drivers find themselves using Sim Racing to help train, do you find that using Sim training in between races has made a difference?

Dennis Lind: Absolutely, I think a good example would be in 2010 where I both won the Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch Indy, and Formula Ford Euro-Cup at Zandvoort. Testing was very limited that year, because of a poor budget, I only got to do about 4 races that whole year, and Zero tests. So i relied a lot on simulations back then.

PolePositionDriver.Com: Which class of racing would you recommend starting off with?

Dennis Lind: Go-Karts is a great way to enter racing, on entry level it’s quite affordable as well, but in higher classes it does get quiet expensive, but Karting is definitely the way to go.

PolePositionDriver.Com: Which car are you using at the moment for racing? Is there a particular Sim title and vehicle that you would find the most familiar to your real racing?

Dennis Lind: I drive a TA-2 classified Chevrolet Camaro, which is used for something called Thunder Cup here in the north.
And most realistic car, that’s a hard one, most of the sims I’ve raced on the cars has been very life like, but I must say the one i think is closest is Game Stockcar 2012′s Stockcar V8′s.

PolePositionDriver.Com: Well I wanted to thank you very much for your time today, what is the best advice you can give any Sim racers out there to get the most out of the experience?

Dennis Lind: Always try to improve and find out where you’re loosing time. The only way to learn is by improving and finding the limitsIt was an absolute pleasure speaking with Dennis Lind and we wish him all the best in his current and future Motorsport Career.

Dennis Lind’s Previous Motorsport Achievements:
2001/2007 – Karting
2007 – 2 Appearances in various Danish Rally Cross championship races.
2008 – 2nd overall in Formula Ford Denmark.
2009 – Danish Formula Ford champion.
2010 – Formula Ford Euro-Cup Winner (Duratec Class)
2010 – Formula Ford Festival winner (Duratec Class)
2011 – ADAC Formel Masters
2012 – Swedish Camaro Cup Unclassified in championship
2nd behind Jan Magnussen in the Danish Thundercar Championship (Camaro Cup)For more information on Dennis Lind be sure to check out the following links:

Dennis Lind’s Facebook Fanpage

Dennis Lind’s Youtube Channel

Dennis Lind Motorsport Gallery

I have featured the link to the article below:
http://www.polepositiondriver. ... terview-with-dennis-lind/
Nice interview, thanks!
Quote from DratsaB :Nice interview, thanks!

Thanks for that It was an absolute pleasure to interview Dennis Lind and get some excellent insight into progresing from Sim Racing to the Motorsport Racing world.
I race against that car (pictured). It's now owned by a chap called Matt Payne, and has a Merc engine.
Quote from tristancliffe :I race against that car (pictured). It's now owned by a chap called Matt Payne, and has a Merc engine.

I could never imagine how much fun it would be doing an engine swap on a cart like that, especially with a merc engine.
Quote from polepositiondriver :I could never imagine how much fun it would be doing an engine swap on a cart like that, especially with a merc engine.

Zero fun - most F3 engines sounds, feels and looks all same...

Most important question, regarding next season, was missing in this interview.
Some of the longlife engines (Toyota, Speiss OPC, VW Power) sound/feel a bit different due to different internals and restrictor sizes. And in the case of VW Power, push to pass.
Quote from TypeRacing :Zero fun - most F3 engines sounds, feels and looks all same...

Most important question, regarding next season, was missing in this interview.

Great feedback there. It would have been good to include questions relating to his future ventures.

I will look into making some ammendments after speaking with Dennis.

Thanks
He's normally around here fairly regularly...
Quote from tristancliffe :He's normally around here fairly regularly...

Oh definitely, thanks for that Its great to see drivers making the time like he did, it was a real honor to interview Dennis.

An Interview Dennis Lind - Motorsport Driver
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG