The online racing simulator
#1 - troy
Printscreen with enabled ingame AA freezing lfs
Out of this discussion: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=81867

So far only people with nvidia graphics cards seem to report the problem, could be driver related but why would it freeze with AA enabled through LFS ingame options and not with AA enabled via nvidia driver options directly? It also wont freeze in windowed mode, it's just fullscreen that is affected.

Quote from troy :Tried this again on a clean lfs install. No matter the resolution and quality settings I always get some stutter when printscreen is pressed with enabled anti aliasing via the LFS in game settings, most noticeable in higher resolutions there it will stutter about 1 or 2 seconds, if I go back to 640x480 the stuttering is down to about 0.5s.

*stutter meaning the picture is freezing completely and the sound starts to loop

As soon as I turn off anti aliasing or force it via the nvidia control panel instead the stutter is gone, no other quality settings seem to make a noticeable difference. I would guess there is a problem with LFS' implementation of anti aliasing via the ingame menu? Could somebody test this on other affected machines so we can confirm this?

Just for completeness sake my rig:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Ivy Bridge I5 3570k
GF GTX 260 (896mb ram)
Win7 x64 (16gb ram)

Quote from pmw :It's not about the hard disk, maybe if you are using computer from 90s.

I just tried that AA stuff:

Without AA, nothing happens when I hit print screen. No fps loss _at all_.
In windowed mode with AA, nothing happens, no fps loss at all.

BUT:
With _any_ AA mode, 2x, 4x, 8x etc in fullscreen, _always_ same pause, 2.5 seconds.
I tried many times, in many different MPRs, always same 2.5 seconds.

For me, it sounds definitely like fullscreen rendering with AA-enabled, something just bugs. It's not about HDD speed or caches, if stuck time is always same.

reproduced it here on g210m and 8600gt
EDIT: it does not happen on Intel IGP or HD6750

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG