The online racing simulator
Used Car Face-off
(10 posts, started )
Used Car Face-off
Saw a interesting article on Jalopnik where they took 2 similarly priced used cool cars, one vintage and one modern, and put them against each other features and other factors wise. A car is chosen victor once it gets 5 picks more than the other. Once that is accomplished, anyone can chose the next pairing. The first pairing posted will be the next one used so be sure to pay attention...

Rules :

Must be at least $0-1000 within each other
Must be used
Modern car must be from 1998 on up
Keep it interesting. Don't pick a 98 car and put it against the same model 2 years prior.
Must real active advertisements. Auctions count.

1976 Porsche 912e
vs
BMW Z4 Coupe

http://jalopnik.com/5939486/us ... amp;utm_medium=socialflow

What year is the Z4?
No idea i want to say 05 or 06 though. For the 912 you'd get praise fron older guys and for the z4 you'd get praise from younger people and better function out of it. Equally expensive to maintain probably. Id go with the z4
#4 - JJ72
Wow z4 depreciates fast....going with the porsche.
Is Eastern Europe the only place in the world where only homosexual dudes drive Z4?
The Z4 linked in the article appears to be a 2007 E85 with a 3.0 engine and its current price on eBay is 26k USD. 6k is not exactly a "little more" money than 20k, but if there were a 2.0 version for ~20k, I'd still take it over the Porsche. The Z4 is an every day sport(ish) car, whereas the 912E is something you'd drive to a high school reunion only to piss off your ex-GF's fianceé. +Z4 from me.
www.jalopnik.com/5973246/used- ... y-chauffeured-eagle-wagon

Boooom here we go again. A risky buy for a Audi 4000cs is a rare pristine state that could possibly be plagued by aging electronic issues or....

A AMC Eagle wagon limited used to move about Phobe Hearst Cooke, the grand-daughter of William Randolph Hearst.

So will you cross fingers and snatch the Audi, or be the coolest hipster on the block with the Eagle?
Quote from Racer X NZ :
Only 115hp? easy fix. http://www.andysautosport.com/ ... arger_kits/audi_4000.html

Audi's run bosch so maybe 500 to a grand to rebuild electrics completely.

Audi inline-5 with a supercharger? Blasphemie! Turbo that shit, those engines are bullit proof. And while you're at it better switch to a Megasquirt managment instead of fiddling around with 80's hightec electronics.

that AMC ... I never understood wooden trim on the outside of a car ...

Used Car Face-off
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG